Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rider
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as title says, I use to simply press and hold the start button (on handlebar) and the bike would start. now since they replaced the switch cube I have to press twice! Once turns on the bike, and second one starts it! Anyone else have this???

thanks guys
steve

·
Rider
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 18 has always been that way. Once wakes it up and the second starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that was true for mine on the dash start button, but not on the handlebar start. I bet if you haven't tried it, hold down the start on the handlebar and see if it starts! Mine use to till they changed the cube.

·
Rider
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps they updated the software to do this vs the one press!?

·
Bronze member
3,344 Posts
always been like that for my 18... and I don't hold the start button down.. the second time after the fuel pump primes I just tap it again and the starter takes over

·
German Rider
1,490 Posts
always been like that for my 18... and I don't hold the start button down.. the second time after the fuel pump primes I just tap it again and the starter takes over
Correct. Second press it starts, but no need to hold it. Just press it and leave it....

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
so as title says, I use to simply press and hold the start button (on handlebar) and the bike would start. now since they replaced the switch cube I have to press twice! Once turns on the bike, and second one starts it! Anyone else have this???

thanks guys
steve
I understand what you are saying. Before there was no need to press twice. Before you just pressed the button down on the handlebars and held it for a second and then it started. All in one motion. My 2017 Springfield did that but I’ve not tried it on my 2019 Chieftain. They probably updated the software when you took it in for service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts