Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Holidays everyone. I will post some follow-up pictures and specifications on recent work done soon.
However, I'm very close to having the entire bike properly wired but have run into a snafu. Following the awesome wiring diagrams provided by "djcutnpaste" and solid advice from other members like "Quangtungnguyen" & "daveholl" on how to wire "US Bobber (2018) to Rizoma rear lights, Red for Brake and Amber for Turn" I have substituted the Rizoma rear lights to a LED Flex Strip (5 wires; Red, Black, White, Green "Right side", and Yellow "Left side") that operates as "Brake, Running, Left Turn, Right Turn". As is per guidance and instructions everything checks out EXCEPT the Rear Left Turn Signal will NOT activate. PLEASE HELP!!.....
For clarification going forward for everyone the front signal wires are as follows: Indian Front Right Wires are Blue, and Brown. The same with the Left Front Wires: Indian Blue, and Brown. I installed Rizoma Handelbar Turn Signals (2 wires Red & Black). The Rizoma wires pair with the Indian Front Turn Signals as follows: Rizoma Black to Indian Blue, and Rizoma Red to Indian Brown. This results in fully operational front turn signals. Then I paired a misc. solo wire to the front Indian Right "Blue" Turn Signal Wire and connected that solo wire to the Rear Right Large Relay (5 post). This results in fully operational Rear Right Side Turn Signal (Amber) that operates in perfect unison with the Front Right Turn Signal blinker. I attempted the same with the Left resulting in no success except the audio sound of the left blinker working but no illumation.
EVERYONE.... We are so close.
My front Turn Signal lights and rear LED Flex Strip operates at 75%
JUST HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT HOW TO MAKE LEFT REAR TURN SIGNAL COME ON. (It makes the sound like it's blinking but does not illumate)
Also I noticed that when I activate my front Brake lever and turn on my right blinker that it operates perfect, but when I activate my front brake lever and left turn signal that the LED Flex Strip goes stright to full brake illumation, instead of the correct running light with operational blinker (as found in the right side, that operates perfectly).
Any ideas, suggestions, guidance, or advice is greatly appreciated and will in fact result in years of good karma and the official title of grand wizard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I see that this was posted over 2 years ago with no response. Did you ever get this working correctly? I'm doing the same setup with the LED strip, but am having other issues, as described in my new post.

·
Registered
Scout Bobber 2019
175 Posts
Hi I fitted leds to my bobber & my indicators didn’t work!! All the wires matched as I thought they should but I switched the wires around & they worked !!! Apparently leds don’t work like a bulb there is only one feed in & one out Worth a try if you haven’t already given it a go ?? 👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts