Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This bike is still in progress so far besides the standard intake and exhaust I started with the tail lights that was surprisingly difficult since the bobbers wiring is a mess the you try to tap in for custom work. I 3d printed new covers that go over the frame on the side of the rear fender to be more flush and lower profile, then 3d printed a mount for under fairing led strip lighting.
I also did a 3d printed tank lift that's about 3/4" to get some more air flow under the tank to keep the temperatures down in the summer, and another printed air scoop for the rear cylinder manifold. These made a noticeable difference in heat where I sit on the 90 degree days.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love the 3d printer work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This bike is still in progress so far besides the standard intake and exhaust I started with the tail lights that was surprisingly difficult since the bobbers wiring is a mess the you try to tap in for custom work. I 3d printed new covers that go over the frame on the side of the rear fender to be more flush and lower profile, then 3d printed a mount for under fairing led strip lighting.
I also did a 3d printed tank lift that's about 3/4" to get some more air flow under the tank to keep the temperatures down in the summer, and another printed air scoop for the rear cylinder manifold. These made a noticeable difference in heat where I sit on the 90 degree days.

View attachment 596659
View attachment 596660 View attachment 596661
I love this tail light. How can I get this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love this tail light. How can I get this?
for the cost of material and shipping I can 3d print you the mount. it matches the curves of the fender and gives you the surface to mount LED strips, you just need some double sided tape. for the bobbers you will need 2 strip lights to wire it up if you want it to function as your Running, Brake and Turn signals.

I also made some 3d printed tabs that can block off the stock turn signal holes after removing them. in the photo above I printed the entire rear fender cover that used to hold the tailings for a smooth look. that requires a little bit of easy work. I print each side in 2 pieces so they need to be aligned on the bike and glued together. after that some sanding primer and paint to match the bike.

The hardest part was figuring out how to wire it, the only thing that works is the joker machine LED signal intensifier converter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
for the cost of material and shipping I can 3d print you the mount. it matches the curves of the fender and gives you the surface to mount LED strips, you just need some double sided tape. for the bobbers you will need 2 strip lights to wire it up if you want it to function as your Running, Brake and Turn signals.

I also made some 3d printed tabs that can block off the stock turn signal holes after removing them. in the photo above I printed the entire rear fender cover that used to hold the tailings for a smooth look. that requires a little bit of easy work. I print each side in 2 pieces so they need to be aligned on the bike and glued together. after that some sanding primer and paint to match the bike.

The hardest part was figuring out how to wire it, the only thing that works is the joker machine LED signal intensifier converter.

Whats your social media? Find me and message me gerryclemonsii on all IG and Facebook

1 - 6 of 6 Posts