Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a bit of a pickle. I chopped my rear fender on a 2017 Scout Sixty and am attempting to install a new LED tail light and two LED rear turn signals. I am running into an issue since it seems that the stock tail light ran all functionality for the turn signals as well. So when I cut the stock lights off...it seems I don’t have any cables left that can run the turn signals. I have tried all combinations it seems and nothing works. Only the tail light is working properly. I have tried to connect the rear turn signals to the front turn signal terminals but don’t know exactly where to do that or if that will work. I don’t really know where to go from here. I know I can’t be the only one who has ran into this issue. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good Afternoon,

I have all the parts and wiring I removed. The only wires that were leading back through the bike are what I’m working with. The stock turn signals were only connected through the stock tail light. Since I removed the stick tail light as well, I couldn’t use those cables.
maybe duplicate what was on the tail light with new wiring, basically copy it and run wires to new lights ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I removed all my other posts because I honestly feel stupid that I went down the rabbit hole the way I did when the solution was quite simple. I believe there was some confusion as I was using the 2015 scout sixty service manual as I could not find the 2017 version. It may not be the case and it may well be that I overlooked some important details. Long story short, I have all the lights working now and it wasn't anything crazy. I just have never seen a wiring set up quite like on the sixty when you cut all the stock lights off.

Here is how the wires line up for anyone that wants to cut off all the stock rear lights on the 2017 scout sixty and replace them with LED lights. You are left with the following wires:

Black = Tail light ground
Light brown/Pink trace = Tail light running light
Pink/Blue Trace = Tail light stop
Solid Blue = Left turn signal ground
Blue/Red trace = Right turn signal ground
Dark Brown/Pink trace = Both right and left turn signal hot

I installed the Drag Specialties LED Taillight And License Plate Mount and the Motogadget M-Blaze Pin turn signals on the front and rear. I used a memphis shades turn signal relocation kit for the front. I had to get creative with it and flipped it around for it to work as it is made for relocating the stock lights and not the m-blaze pins I installed. It's not the prettiest thing but it looks okay and in my opinion better than the stock lights. They're virtually invisible until you light them up and are very bright. I drilled directly into the rear fender to install them there. I also chopped a foot off the fender and am in the process of doing a little paint work on the chop area.

I will post pics of the finished product as soon as I'm done but I wanted to post this update. I feel incredibly dumb for trying everything but this but I hope it helps someone avoid making the same mistake if you make this change. So yes...it works fine but the wiring is a lil funky. If for whatever reason it doesn't (as I thought it wouldn't) you can tap into the front turn signals but would have to run cables all through the bike and shield them. This is what I thought I was going to have to do as nothing else seemed to work. I don't think it'd be a problem since the LED load is so small but who knows. It did work though. Anyways...have a great night all!

·
Bronze member
1,758 Posts
Hope that all that grief was worth that!

It's always better if you have ALL THE INFO in front of you.

Just saying

1 - 5 of 5 Posts