Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would post a video of the new install for Crusher Maverick slip-on's. These pipes are beautiful and LOUD. The sound really smooths out at highway speed and wind noise soon overtakes exhaust noise. The whole process only took about 45 minutes. Instructions were well written and everything was very easy to install. They look mush nicer than stock and now the Scout doesn't sound like a weed wacker.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I love mine. I would love them more if I could replace the tips with something a little more decorative and chromed.

I've heard louder exhausts on the scout - such as the RC Components slip-ons. These have a nice tone and produce volume without being obnoxious. They seem to have mellowed out just a little bit as I continue to put miles on the bike, but they sound better if anything.

·
Read Only
298 Posts
OK talked into it. I ordered some pipes today. Ill video the install when I get them. 2017 Scout 60. I hope the old ones come off easy. I had my 500 mile service on Saturday.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK talked into it. I ordered some pipes today. Ill video the install when I get them. 2017 Scout 60. I hope the old ones come off easy. I had my 500 mile service on Saturday.
You can't go wrong and you engine will breath easier.

·
Rider
388 Posts
Does anybody know if the Maverick tips can be replaced .Would love to buy them but I feel they need to come past my saddlebags which they do not . If the tips can be replaced Id make a set of longer ones .

·
Registered
314 Posts
I love mine. I would love them more if I could replace the tips with something a little more decorative and chromed.

I've heard louder exhausts on the scout - such as the RC Components slip-ons. These have a nice tone and produce volume without being obnoxious. They seem to have mellowed out just a little bit as I continue to put miles on the bike, but they sound better if anything.
I am still up in the air on the exhausts to choose - are the RCX pipes louder than these? I am concerned about going too loud. thanks

·
Read Only
298 Posts
nice sound not too obnoxious for the neighbors but plenty of bark when in traffic. No earplugs required.
The OEM were silent and deadly.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I am still up in the air on the exhausts to choose - are the RCX pipes louder than these? I am concerned about going too loud. thanks
If RCX = RC Components, then yes. A buddy and I have compared them side by side.
Otherwise, I'm not familiar with RCX.

I understand not wanting to go too loud. I'm the same way and have been happy with the Crushers. Have you pulled up different exhausts on YouTube and listened to them? There are hundreds, if not thousands, of videos of people just showing off exhaust note, tone, and volume.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I installed the Crushers on my 2017 Scout Sixty , sick looking and plenty loud, thanks for the Video!
Here's mine below.
View attachment 311425

So....what is the actual difference from the 2016 and the 2017 Scout?. I ordered this system for my Wife and something doesn't seem correct. I contacted the seller and he said that they now have a new part number and that I need to exchange it. The system does line up but it seems to need some sort of spacer and or additional hardware.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I thought I would post a video of the new install for Crusher Maverick slip-on's. These pipes are beautiful and LOUD. The sound really smooths out at highway speed and wind noise soon overtakes exhaust noise. The whole process only took about 45 minutes. Instructions were well written and everything was very easy to install. They look mush nicer than stock and now the Scout doesn't sound like a weed wacker.

Ok....so in this still of the video, the adapter plate is actually backwards and technically, upside-down.

This was obviously changed for the final fitment, but not captured in the video.

In this arrangement, it would cause the back of the muffler's, to align.

It's also worth mentioning....that due to a minor change with the Scout part change from the 2016 to the 17, various spacers are needed and or required, in order for both the plate and exhaust to be square and or even with the swingarm.

Let's just say.....that sometimes....it's best to go with the entire system.

Frustrated....but

Attachments

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
IMG_2477.JPG
Installed a set on my 2017 Scout 60, had no issues with removal of the stock mufflers, and the installation of the Crusher pipes. Took about 40 minutes, just followed the directions, which they tell you to reuse some of the stock hardware. Love the sound of these pipes!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts