Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 293 Posts
Obviously, the boys and girls at Polaris/Indian have been buussyyyy!!!!

And I thought I would really like the Willow and Cream on a RM, but seeing the video and pics, not so much...
Me too. I like the willow green on the Vintage, looks good on the Springfield, but it's too much on the RM. Best color of 2017: the gray/burgundy Springfield. Should have used that on the RM too.

Nice..for the 17's...but I just bought a 16, thought they might come out with a plug and play Nav system for the 15 and 16's...17 dash is nice...but I cant afford to start over just for the Nav system.
They are making a kit, with all the wires connectors to fit in the '15 and '16 fairinigs...

More info on the retro-fit to the current model dashes:
The entire wiring harness, ECM, and wiring in the dash will need to be replaced on a current bike. The dash on the driver side will have to be completely replaced. Parts and labor you are looking at about $4000-6000.

More info on the retro-fit to the current model dashes:
The entire wiring harness, ECM, and wiring in the dash will need to be replaced on a current bike. The dash on the driver side will have to be completely replaced. Parts and labor you are looking at about $4000-6000.
At 4-6k no one would do it and I would doubt they would even attempt it if that is where pricing is.
who floated you those numbers?

I knew this was going to happen when I bought mine!

I'm going to get the patton or whatever you want to call it for a navigation unit with all this plus xm radio option, and weather radar overlooking your route with detour options should bad weather approach. You heard it hear first!

Nicely done Indian! We had best enjoy the exclusivity of our Indians while we still can. With the 2017 models Indian is bound to continue expanding it's appeal to the riders of other brands.

I knew this was going to happen when I bought mine!

I'm going to get the patton or whatever you want to call it for a navigation unit with all this plus xm radio option, and weather radar overlooking your route with detour options should bad weather approach. You heard it hear first!
Garmin did it with their Zumo 665, except for the detour feature.

Yeah but I bet Garmin does not have it all in one unit! Lol

I just think it would be pretty nice to have a navigation unit/xm/am/fm/weather band/passenger communication while we're at it/weather radar with detour route options within a certain amount of time.

Might have to get a bigger fairing to house it all, along with stiffer shocks!

Touch screen Nav looks really cool but that is the most bulky instrument panel I've seen. IMO does not flow with the bike. Looks like they changed the gages up a little too. More electronic gremlins to deal with.

21 - 40 of 293 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.