Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got an issue with the Ride Command navigation. I recently updated Ride Command and Maps to the latest version. Now, I just got the bike a few days ago so I don't know if this was an issue before, but when I go to Nav, I enter a City name, (ie: Denver), and as I am typing, it looks like it is trying to predict the city (no results, just refresh spin) and never shows any results, even with the complete city name entered, so I can't use it as it won't let me advance to street.

The issue "may" also be with entering the state, but I don't want to go back a page and have it stuck there either.

Note: GPS seems to work fine. It can take me to gas stations and whatnot.

Am I doing something wrong? A special trick? I'm assuming something is off. It's as if it doesn't see the city files, but they are all there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Got an issue with the Ride Command navigation. I recently updated Ride Command and Maps to the latest version. Now, I just got the bike a few days ago so I don't know if this was an issue before, but when I go to Nav, I enter a City name, (ie: Denver), and as I am typing, it looks like it is trying to predict the city (no results, just refresh spin) and never shows any results, even with the complete city name entered, so I can't use it as it won't let me advance to street.

The issue "may" also be with entering the state, but I don't want to go back a page and have it stuck there either.

Note: GPS seems to work fine. It can take me to gas stations and whatnot.

Am I doing something wrong? A special trick? I'm assuming something is off. It's as if it doesn't see the city files, but they are all there.
I can relate to this as I have the exact same problem in Scotland. I can enter the recognisable small town or village but it then won't let me pick a street or "city centre", it just kinda locks out, goes to sleep, won't let me proceed. I think I might need to upgrade version so will look at that this weekend. If I pick a big town or city usually it works no problem...if the upgrade doesn't work I'll be disappointed ! I usually don't need a specific address ie house number so it would be nice to have a solution for what appears to be a very basic expectation.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If I remember correctly you have to enter the state first.

·
Registered
129 Posts
this video shows a layout that is completely different to my 2017 Chieftain Limited! For a start my icons are on the left, top to bottom (minor layout detail) but when it comes to the city entry "Spirit Lake" I don't get the option of "specific address or city centre".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Update. Took it to the dealer Friday for cams, headers, exhaust, etc ... and to see if they could figure out what was up with the Nav. My background is in IT, and it seems plausible that there is a "factory reset" or something similar that can be done to basically start over on the navigation, reload the latest maps and move on. They have opened a case # with Polaris but haven't gotten a callback yet. Also, I used the Map Toolbox, went to Help/Customer Care and sent an email about the issue a couple of weeks ago. Disappointing I have not gotten a reply from Polaris on this yet. Before I opened this thread, I had updated Ride Command and Maps to the latest versions. I attempted to reload the maps again by deleting the "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MapData" folder, which force downloads the maps from the server, but I took it back to the bike, it still told me I had the latest version installed and wouldn't pull down my files. The only way to make this happen is to be able to delete the existing maps on the bike, but that is access I do not have. This would be something for the suggestion box to make a utility to clear the maps on the bike so they can be downloaded again, in hopes of fixing any file corruption on the bike.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I usually have to re-learn how to put city center in each time. Not like my Rand McNally GPS for my Big Truck!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
The GPS is not user friendly trying to get a route. But, once you do get it, it works quite well.

Hopefully you will hear something very soon and get your issues resolved.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SOLUTION UPDATE:
May help someone if they run into the same funky issue.
So not only does my dealer have an incident open with Polaris, but so do I through Ride Command support (email sent twice, nothing received). I checked MapToolbox and downloaded a new MAP version, updated the Ride Command, same issue. At this point I'm suspecting the Operating System as I went Back to States and couldn't click on anything, thinking more OS related rather than maps. I already updated it to the latest OS when this whole issue started. I used an older/smaller USB drive to do it at the time (tested fine) and decided to try it again with the larger 8GB drive I was using for the Map updates. I downloaded the July 2017 updated (current) again and dragged it to the USB drive. Going through the Ride Command update on the bike it appeared to reapply the July update. After I rebooted I went straight to Navigation and BOOM, states, cities, streets all come up and works like it's supposed to. My only assumption here is that when I originally updated the OS, something went wrong ... corrupted or didn't take, but the 2nd time was the charm. Also pleasantly surprised when I redid the OS update, it didn't clear the Oil change miles, trips or radio stations, which stayed intact. I'm thinking the OS update did more of a repair than update since it was the same version just overwrote.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can relate to this as I have the exact same problem in Scotland. I can enter the recognisable small town or village but it then won't let me pick a street or "city centre", it just kinda locks out, goes to sleep, won't let me proceed. I think I might need to upgrade version so will look at that this weekend. If I pick a big town or city usually it works no problem...if the upgrade doesn't work I'll be disappointed ! I usually don't need a specific address ie house number so it would be nice to have a solution for what appears to be a very basic expectation.
Did you updated the Ride Command OS and did it solve your problem? See my solution below. I re-ran the OS Update and it fixed whatever was corrupted, even though it was the same version I was already running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts