Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to go for a ride today, and now I'm stuck.

Rolled the bike down the driveway, hit the power button, tried to start... Click click click

Dash says low voltage, I need to get a tender someday but shouldn't be kicking off so often. Whatever, hooked up jump start from car battery

Click click click

Let it charge for a minute, hit the power button, and... Nothing

Checked battery connections, all nice and tight, battery voltage 12.84

Tried the power button again. No lights, no dash, no nothing anywhere

Checked every fuse and relay, including the JCASE fuses under the seat, they're all good.
Power button does nothing.

Put everything back together, power button does nothing

Pushed 900lbs up a sloped driveway, back into the garage. Power button is lit up red, but does nothing.

Checked voltage at the 12v outlet in the dash, 12.82v.

Power button unresponsive, but still lit red.
Pulled every fuse and relay in the main fuse box, power button still lit and unresponsive. Fob has fresh battery, worked yesterday, but does nothing now (the light on the fob does light up).

Anyone ever experience this? What is going on with my CDH?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Have you tried entering your code into the bike to start it rather than depending on the fob to connect? I had to replace my battery this spring on my 17. I’m just making suggestions. I’m not the expert. Kill switch?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried entering your code into the bike to start it rather than depending on the fob to connect? I had to replace my battery this spring on my 17. I’m just making suggestions. I’m not the expert. Kill switch?
Thanks for the suggestions, am starting to think it's the VCM. Battery in fob is fresh and confirmed working with the wife's Springfield. No kill switch that I can locate. I haven't had a chance to get the local dealership to change the old PIN, which I don't know - they have to do with digital wrench and they book appointments 2 months in advance...

·
Registered
78 Posts
"No kill switch I can locate. "
You don't have the red kill switch at right hand ? o_O

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"No kill switch I can locate. "
You don't have the red kill switch at right hand ? o_O
You mean the stop/start switch? I think you're not reading what I wrote... It's not about the bike starting anymore, I don't even get dash lights.

Took the advice from a 5 years ago thread and intentionally grounding the VCM, I get lights and can start, but as soon as that ground is removed it cuts off and goes back to just the power button lit solid red, no other function at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The one on the middle connector is the ground (#17), but what's the other burnt pin here?

O_E

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pic removed for brevity
Sweet, so it might be the next page of that picture,
VCM B, pin 9
VCM 1, pin 17 (I believe this is the ground)

I pulled the plastic connector and B9 was definitely burnt, popped behind the connector. Might be an easy solder fix, depending what it connects to.

Thanks!
O_E

1 - 8 of 8 Posts