Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have a 111 motor on the bike and it started leaking a drop or two of oil every week or so last year. Now the leak has gotten worse and It looks like it is coming out of the chrome case cover.

Any Ideas??

Thanks!
Martin
Case 2.JPG

·
Bronze member
2,698 Posts
Have you tried to nip up the primary drive cover fasteners “ don’t over tighten them”

·
Bronze member
2,698 Posts
There is a gasket between the Crome cover and engine case, the torque on the cap screws is 15 ft- lbs (20Nm) make sure you tighten them in the recommended sequence.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tightened the bottom ones and the leak slowed down; however, it hasn't stopped. Do you think I should buy a new gasket, drain the oil and reseat the case?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looking at the pictures, the oil seems to be coming from higher up. Check the rubber plug that exits the engine case from your stator. Mine needed replacement. its located in the front of the engine, behind the rectifier/regulator.
If it is leaking from there, you will have to replace the whole stator assembly. The stator, harness, robber plug, and exiting wires are all one piece.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts