Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the official catalog (198 pages) from the dealer today. Bunch of new stuff for the Scouts, but not much "new" for the Chiefs\Chieftains\RM's. Mostly existing stuff to color match the new paint schemes. You can get pretty much get everything in chrome or black now, there is a garage door opener unit that fits into the new fairing so that will make some people happy.

All I wanted was a pair of grips to match the script pegs but I guess I am SOL on that. Going to go ahead and pick up a set of Avon's. There are much better photos in the catalog than on the website, the white smoke Chieftain has all black trim instead of chrome and is GORGEOUS. I think they will sell a lot of those since black is in right now. I really like all the color choices this year. I have to get my Springfield paid off so I can buy another Chieftain next year :) The blue\silver Springfield is really sharp also.

·
Bronze member
1,034 Posts
Thanks for the download link.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I thought the color keyed front bezels for Chieftain and RM looked pretty cool. Not sure I want to spring the $150 just yet. Need to see on some bikes first. Also looks like they came out with Ivory Hand grips, I guess on the right bikes they will look good, very retro old school look.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,757 Posts
I thought the color keyed front bezels for Chieftain and RM looked pretty cool. Not sure I want to spring the $150 just yet. Need to see on some bikes first. Also looks like they came out with Ivory Hand grips, I guess on the right bikes they will look good, very retro old school look.
They might look good on the Blue Diamond bikes. I won't do it but if they had leather(desert tan) grips I might. But there are others(leather) that might work too.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Got the official catalog (198 pages) from the dealer today. Bunch of new stuff for the Scouts, but not much "new" for the Chiefs\Chieftains\RM's. Mostly existing stuff to color match the new paint schemes. You can get pretty much get everything in chrome or black now, there is a garage door opener unit that fits into the new fairing so that will make some people happy.

All I wanted was a pair of grips to match the script pegs but I guess I am SOL on that. Going to go ahead and pick up a set of Avon's. There are much better photos in the catalog than on the website, the white smoke Chieftain has all black trim instead of chrome and is GORGEOUS. I think they will sell a lot of those since black is in right now. I really like all the color choices this year. I have to get my Springfield paid off so I can buy another Chieftain next year :) The blue\silver Springfield is really sharp also.
On a slightly different subject, it is irritating that no motorcycle company makes seats to accommodate short people. My wife is 5' and I am 5'5". On her Sportster, my Heritage Softail Classic, and now our Scout and Vintage, we needed our seats cut out and padding to bring us forward and enable our feet to comfortably reach the ground. Despite seats supposedly made to accomplish this, they don't. Had our seats fixed at Sturgis. Same guy (Master Lugo) who did our H-Ds). We had one problem. The leather was so thick that it had no give after the memory foam was added. Might as well be sitting on a board. Lugo replaced the actual area where we sat with vinyl and now we have that cushion feel.

·
Bronze member
1,824 Posts
I ordered the Toe Rest spikes. I've never been able to get comfortable using highway pegs. I need my heels resting on the boards to keep my bad knees happy.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I put a black bezel on my Chieftain. Here's a couple of pics:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts