Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am creating this thread, and pinning it, to facilitate - in one place - winter projects you plan. Thus everyone can get a chance to review and share ideas, hints, tricks, etc. All Indian model projects welcome, along with pics (if you got 'em).

And for our Southern Hemisphere brethren, join in. Post your past project (2016-2017).

I have a couple of my own that I'll be posting soon. How about Yours? Place 'em here.

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Thanks Quinn - just a heads up for those riding big Chiefs.

When parking your scoot for the winter season - pull that console and check for water in the recess of your gas tank. Because rain water and wash water may migrate and puddle to that spot. No need to have rust and such on your tank come spring. Easy to check and worth the effort
Vehicle Car Auto part City car

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seeing as how there is no rear sprocket and the plunger suspension is fake (not attached to the rear axle) I am guessing it was for one of those 25 cent electric rides they used to have out in front of supermarkets years ago. It just isn't mounted to the coin operated electric base that rocked it back & forth.
You are close...... it is from a carnival ride that was on a rotating platform for kids to ride on at an amusement park.
I tried to restore it so it would look like my '47 Chief. Fun project..

·
Bronze member
1,162 Posts
For my Black/Ivory Roadmaster:
I just received the 2017 Revco Hitch and necessary electrical adapters (x4) for my Lees-ure Lite
Bought Concert Audio Lids from my dealer at a smoking price (old Stock SpringField Blue will need repaint)
Waiting on old stock speakers and amplifier for saddlebags
Kuryakyn Trunk Chome for above rear trunk light
Just purchased stock Floor Board pads from forum member - craft project to Jazz em up a bit. (Just cant see $600 + CDN for the pinnacle boards)

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For my Black/Ivory Roadmaster:
I just received the 2017 Revco Hitch and necessary electrical adapters (x4) for my Lees-ure Lite
Bought Concert Audio Lids from my dealer at a smoking price (old Stock SpringField Blue will need repaint)
Waiting on old stock speakers and amplifier for saddlebags
Kuryakyn Trunk Chome for above rear trunk light
Just purchased stock Floor Board pads from forum member - craft project to Jazz em up a bit. (Just cant see $600 + CDN for the pinnacle boards)
Dang . . . . you're gonna be busy!

·
Bronze member
1,242 Posts
THIS is a problem. I own my Roadmaster for just about 55 weeks now and it's pretty much done... until that 116CI kit becomes available for 2016 models. In a perfect world, I'd have it all now and I'd be pulling the engine this weekend. There is no better way to endure the sight of snow outside the garage windows than by building a beautiful engine.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
How many miles you get on it?
Coming up on 80,000. I can feel that the chassis is getting a little loose on bumpy turns so I figure it's time to tune things up and get it back to where it should be. I still have warranty on it for another year and a half, but this is just maintenance stuff, replacing wear items.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'll probably go easy this year.
Pull exhaust and cut out the CAT
Remove upper and lower side panels and have some artwork done.
Close to riding season I need to get new tires after 23500 miles.

I have a couple side jobs lined up so id like to put some of that money in savings

1 - 20 of 90 Posts