Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....I have searched the forum and found people with this issue but no solutions. I rode yesterday, battery has been struggling to turn over the bike over....I made a stop and it would turn over but not start, so I push started it and made it home. Went and got a new battery - correct one, 310 CCA - and installed....no start, just a click near the seat.

The basics have been gone over, new battery and I tested, the battery, propper voltage, non corroded cables, nothing loose, disconnected and reconnected the battery, tried with fob and without using the code. Same thing just a click near the seat. Help please....thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
I'd charge the new battery. Sometimes they sit too long on the shelf. It can still read the correct voltage but the amps may not be there for the start.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
Hi....I have searched the forum and found people with this issue but no solutions. I rode yesterday, battery has been struggling to turn over the bike over....I made a stop and it would turn over but not start, so I push started it and made it home. Went and got a new battery - correct one, 310 CCA - and installed....no start, just a click near the seat.

The basics have been gone over, new battery and I tested, the battery, propper voltage, non corroded cables, nothing loose, disconnected and reconnected the battery, tried with fob and without using the code. Same thing just a click near the seat. Help please....thanks!
Check the negative lead to frame for tightness and or rust preventing a good ground
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd charge the new battery. Sometimes they sit too long on the shelf. It can still read the correct voltage but the amps may not be there for the start.
I did, on the trickle charger over night. I am beginning to think it's the starter. It has been slower and slower turning it over. Recently turned it just a bit and I got a whif of burnt electrical and it was very hot.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top