Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i take it in next week to the stealership, I was wanting to know what I'm getting into as i just paid 8 large to have my boat worked on this week.

Upon slowing to a stop i can hear a rubbing coming from underneath. I csnt hear it any other time due to the sweet growl of the motor.

When I push it back and forth back at the house, I can hear it better. Didn't see the belt rubbing, almost sounds like a bearing. Yikes. 10200 miles, 10k service done esrlier this year. No other issues

Any thoughts?

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My brakes rub slightly when moving the bike around by hand.
Brakes were my initial thought but apply the brakes doesnt change the noise. The brakes make a noise and always have and it is different. The pads were replaced about 2000 miles ago, too

Reactions: KI7QVR

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2 trips to the generic mechanics at rhe dealer and 300 pesos, and nothing is fixed. No matter what I tell them, they say its the brakes. So a new set of pads and a cleaned out caliper and an assurance that it is fixed by the service department, and it still has the noise. I told these dolts 2 times the noise is INDEPENDENT from the normal brake noise and it needs to warmed up for at least 20 to 30 minutes before the noise appears. Oh its your brakes. FFS!

Cant find good help anywhere for anything these days. So frustrating

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh, how taught should the belt be with the bike in the side stand? It feels very tight to me

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
The belt stat is in the manual.

I think I'd remove the brakes from the equation first. By either dismounting caliper and hanging g out of way, or pad removal. Then see what is heard.

·
Bronze member
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Manual? The thing I put in a box somewhere a few years back? That manual?

Reactions: Hatt
1 - 8 of 8 Posts