Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finishing up a Roadmaster build, tins and bars were taken off. Reconnected all the wiring from the bars to the front fairing connectors and there is one connector that I dont know where it attaches. Can anybody identify this? It's a grey female connector coming out of the main harness.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
i can its the audio wire for gps installation

where exactly is this connector? can you touch it without removing fairing?

·
Registered
272 Posts
build your own.....
In case the images get lost forever, I'm going to post this here for reference.

OEM Connector: 05T-JWPF-HHLE-D JST Sales America Inc. | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey
Pins: SWPT-001T-P025 JST Sales America Inc. | Connectors, Interconnects | DigiKey

Bonus Advice: (It's worth what you paid for it):
1) Buy extra pins. They have to be crimped "just right" to fit into the connector. I had prior experience doing it with needle nose pliers - but if you don't you'll want some practice. I buy 10 pins per connector, but you only need 5.
2) I used 22ga wire in the pins and then soldered that onto my audio and GPS harness. The smaller wire is MUCH easier to get into the connector.

The rest you should be able to get with or without pics. Good luck!

https://www.thevog.net/attachments/gps-connector-wiring-diagram-20150711-jpg.7374/

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its hidden very well when trying to access with the fairing off. You can access it under the triple tree when sitting on the bike. So if that is what it is then I am good? No missing connections?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Right or left side sitting on bike?
I have the other half of connector to play gps audio through the factory speakers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant find anything to connect to and dont recall seeing it when taking apart all the wires from the front fairing open. It is on the left side when sitting on the bike. Like I said though, it is very well hidden, coming out of a thick bunch of other wire wrapped up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a view from sitting in the bike (left side of the tank)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So that's what it is, a GPS connection? This Indian build was interesting, I just can wait to actually ride it! Haven't rode an Indian yet

·
Registered
274 Posts
Neverheard of a connector on my 2016 RM I have a Zumo on mine but use a Sena unit to hear it I’ll have to ck for it and look in my manual to see if it’s in there.

·
Registered
272 Posts
its there, thats where the Dave t pilot adapter connected to
Look at my links above for wiring on this connector.
Its not listed in any indian manuals.
but it is there found mine today on my 16 chieftain.

·
Registered
272 Posts
here is a link to daves adapter [no longer avalible]
you have to get the connector and pins listed above and make your own.
Its for sure is there on 14-16 indians, not sure on newer ones.

·
Rider
486 Posts
I believe Dave T pilot is back on this forum (without the pilot)
Maybe we can sweet talk him into making up a few adapters.
I have purchased 2 (so far) from him over the years, and I can attest to the quality.
Here's hoping he will come out of retirement to help members on this forum...........

·
Silver member
4,632 Posts
its there, thats where the Dave t pilot adapter connected to
Look at my links above for wiring on this connector.
Its not listed in any indian manuals.
but it is there found mine today on my 16 chieftain.
Correct.

Here's my connector on my 2016 Roadmaster.
Empty Connector.jpg

I numbered and marked all my connectors when I removed my fairing (have a ton of photos too). Sure makes installing a lot easier.

·
Rider
486 Posts
Maybe I was a dreaming a little. It looks like the person I thought was Dave T Pilot may not be.

Possibly jumped the gun too. Sorry...............

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My only concern was that I not missing a connection. If is just an extra option then all good! Thanks for the assistance!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts