Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, (if this has already been answered in another post just yell at me, tell me to read more, and post the link ;)) I am having trouble getting the Scout to Idle after installing a new air cleaner, exhaust, and power commander v. Exhaust smoke is coming out Black on start up, the bike idles for a moment, backfires, and then shuts off. It's obviously running way too rich. I have disconnected the PCV (all except the O2 sensor bypasses) and attempted to start the bike again with it replicating the same issues as when the PCV is installed. Does anyone have some trouble shooting ideas with reconnecting the o2 sensors as being the last resort. I'm lazy and dont want to take the entire exhaust back off just to put back on and then take back off again. I enjoy working on the bike myself, but this has me scratching my head. I am coming from the car world, so bikes are fairly foreign to me. Definitely a lot more finicky!

Thanks

P.S.
When I have the PCV installed and hooked to my laptop, the TPS says it is at 5% throttle. Any idea how to correct this without having to tow it to a dyno?

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
Not sure here but disconnecting the O2 sensors puts the bike in default mode and it'll run rich.
I'd say your exhaust needs the O2 sensors. Or better yet with the O2 bypass's plugged in..................get a fuel controller like a Dobeck EJK or one of several other brands.
Anybody know whats going on here?

·
Rider
994 Posts
I would give Dynojet a call and see what they recommend as far as a map for your set up. Good Luck and keep us posted- JJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts