Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just got M1 last month,and now riding everyday . Definitely it very easy maneuvers and superb handing, have a smile on my face every single time on this mechain.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just got your MI last month and now you're driving a liter bike with loads of power. Good luck, stay out of the rain with those unsafe tires, and please wear hi visibility gear. I love your helmet of course. Practice emergency stops before you have to. Pretend you're invisible and keep a close eye on those behind you.

Too many bikers are getting killed these days by idiots. Many more in states without helmet laws. Best wishes with your new bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually scout is my 2nd bike, still have Suzuki c50 was 1st one.ride for 2 weeks After took M1 class which I learned a lot ,but u like have to keep practice how to control when emergency.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Always wear a helmet, do not want to end up like Gary Bussey, if I am lucky enough to survive.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congrats on the bike. Hope you enjoy it. I was looking at a c50t when I got this actually. I'm at a little over 2200 miles and don't regret my choice (yet and hopefully never will). Hopefully it will serve you well. And keep that c50t dude, those things although kinda bland are actually really good bikes.

Also.... the helmet thing is personal choice. I wear mine, but if someone didn't want to cool. Its a free country, mostly.

Also hope dude was kidding about loads of power. Yes its fast for what it is. And powerful for what it is. But I would categorize it as peppy. An fz6 would smoke a sixty. This bikes not made for racing or something. It's a bike for people who want a playful peppy cruiser, with gorgeous style. Don't get me wrong though in its class it is powerful, and it does scoot with a satisfying amount of authority.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
image.jpg
image.jpg
Luv Suzuki c50 a lot. think about selling it after I got the scout. But rather keep for a little while cause it very easy handling, comfortable, windshield for touring. And passenger seat
I had a chance to ride to Vegas it is 650 miles round trip. Rolling c50 twice a week put my mom in the back and she enjoys the ride too.

·
Registered
332 Posts
That's nice. If that's your house its nice also. You're living the life man.

I've sat on it but didn't get to ride one (c50t). They seemed like they would be a good all day bike. It seemed really comfy, and highly affordable lol. My first 2 bikes were both Suzuki vs800. Suzuki makes good bikes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's nice. If that's your house its nice also. You're living the life man.

I've sat on it but didn't get to ride one (c50t). They seemed like they would be a good all day bike. It seemed really comfy, and highly affordable lol. My first 2 bikes were both Suzuki vs800. Suzuki makes good bikes.
Thanks Mark

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've ridden a Honda 1100, a Honda 750 both Shadows, and both the Harleys 883 and 1200. The Shadow 1100 I had for 4 years and the Harley 1200 I had for less than 2 years. The Scout is 5x the bike of either. The only issue is a rougher suspension than the Shadow but better than the Harley.

I am very happy with my choice of the 60.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today is my day off , I am be able to early out that I cruising home @6:30 am. The weather is perfect for riding and shot distance which is good ,not to tired after whole hard working week.
Will post later

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very true ,riding Japanese bike is reliable,but riding Indian make you feel like you riding in style. Not even that very fast acceleration.

·
Registered
553 Posts
While i could really lean in and scratch pegs on the Shadow, that's not what a cruiser is really for. For me the Scout is style, American Style, and as well made as any Japanese bike.It's a damn good bike and I have not even got out of break in. I test drove one last year, saved up, and bought one a month ago. i love it, my wife thinks the bike is coming between us.

Edit:
The only two things I'd change are the rear shocks and put some Michelin Commanders on it.

Edit 2: after today's ride I'll take the rear shocks if I had better springs in the forks. I hit a pothole, (no where else to go) today and the front forks collapsed to about an inch (ring around the fork) and it really jarred me.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts