Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a 2016 Indian Scout ABS (from a private party) with a Mid size quick detachable windshield and highway bars. Both are the factory/dealer items on the bike less than 4 months. I like naked bikes and want to fund some laced wheels so selling the Highway Bars for $150 plus shipping and the Windshield for $250. This is much less than dealer cost. Items are as new with only scuffed chrome at bolt mounting holes which will be covered (and scuffed again) when mounted. Thanks. WINDSHIELD IS SOLD...STILL HAVE THE HIGHWAY BARS.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Do you know if the OEM Indian highway bars let you rest your feet on them? I know Indian sells the pegs to bolt on but I'm curious to know if the bars alone will allow you to do that. I'm 6'2" if that matters.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have rested my feet on them like when I got a cramp once in right leg and just to stretch on longer rides. I am 5'9". I do not know about the pegs that attach to the bars from Indian, but most highway or crash bars can support pegs (universal style clamp on or other) and have seen them on many other bikes over the years (62). These bars are very stout, have a wrap around collar that encloses/protects the frame at top and bolt through the foot shift, brake assy into the cast aluminum frame with the stock bolts. No replacement bolt or longer bolt is required. They are high chrome and have a slight angle to them that is quite nice. I bought the bike used in January from a guy who had back surgery and could not ride it again (he had it since December). It took me 4 months to decide to take them off because they are a good style and fit for the Scout. I have to say EVERYTHING on the Scout is very true to what a Scout should be...Compact, Powerful, and Steve McQueen COOL. You either love it or you don"t. But if Indian had never gone out of business, this is the Scout they would be building for today"s market. We have all griped about the retail cost of the various add ons, but trust me YEARS from now you won"t care what you spent...you will just still look over your shoulder one last time before you close the garage and go in the house. I know...too much information.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi you still have the windshield?

I purchased a 2016 Indian Scout ABS (from a private party) with a Mid size quick detachable windshield and highway bars. Both are the factory/dealer items on the bike less than 4 months. I like naked bikes and want to fund some laced wheels so selling the Highway Bars for $150 plus shipping and the Windshield for $250. This is much less than dealer cost. Items are as new with only scuffed chrome at bolt mounting holes which will be covered (and scuffed again) when mounted. Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2016 Indian Scout ABS (from a private party) with a Mid size quick detachable windshield and highway bars. Both are the factory/dealer items on the bike less than 4 months. I like naked bikes and want to fund some laced wheels so selling the Highway Bars for $150 plus shipping and the Windshield for $250. This is much less than dealer cost. Items are as new with only scuffed chrome at bolt mounting holes which will be covered (and scuffed again) when mounted. Thanks. WINDSHIELD IS SOLD...STILL HAVE THE HIGHWAY BARS.
I'll take the Hwy bars

1 - 8 of 8 Posts