Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, looking to replace the grips on my 2016 Indian Scout. Currently I ran into some Kuryakyn Kinetic Grips a buddy had for his bike (same year Scout, wound up getting rid of it). Now the guide says it should fit them but I have never actually changed the grips on a Scout before and youtube videos are not really offering me any sense of help. Has anyone changed their grips yet with something like this? Is this something easy or does anyone have a How To I can follow? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Kuryakyn should work well just be sure get the right ones .. I went with Avon Air Grips Came with Instructions Piece of Cake to Change ..

Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
303 Posts
Scout grips are like most motorcycle grips except for one thing on the throttle inner side there is a plastic flange that goes inside thumb guard part of the grip. This prevents the grip from sliding off easily. 2015 Scout anyway.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Kuryakyn should work well just be sure get the right ones .. I went with Avon Air Grips Came with Instructions Piece of Cake to Change ..

View attachment 181985
Good old Jay, always informative and encouraging me to spend more. I am in contact with Avon as we speak,....
Alpal

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scout grips are like most motorcycle grips except for one thing on the throttle inner side there is a plastic flange that goes inside thumb guard part of the grip. This prevents the grip from sliding off easily.
That was what I was wondering about on the throttle side. I took off the original grip and saw what was there. I am guessing there is a small tube I need to get to inside the original grip and install that inside the Kuryakyn somehow?

·
Registered
308 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts