Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

Going to be upgrading my Indian Exhaust before this year's Rolling Thunder, just wanted to get some opinions.

I am looking at the following options:

Hacker Mayhem w/ AMS EFI Controller
Vance and Hines Grenades
RPW Shock

I was curious if anyone on here has had experience with these exhausts and might be able to offer feedback. The stock pipes are a bit quiet and toned down for me and I am looking for something a bit more aggressive.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey All,

Going to be upgrading my Indian Exhaust before this year's Rolling Thunder, just wanted to get some opinions.

Vance and Hines Grenades
RPW Shock

I was curious if anyone on here has had experience with these exhausts and might be able to offer feedback. The stock pipes are a bit quiet and toned down for me and I am looking for something a bit more aggressive.
I just ordered a Trask 2 into 1 for my bobber and buddy just got a bassani 2 into 1 road rage for his bobber. Look up youtube videos for those pipes on a scout. Both are amazing

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
407 Posts
I heard the grenades at the dealer the other day.. its loud... my vh slash cuts are plenty loud so im adding baffles. I believe grenades also have a baffle to tone it from friggin loud to dam thats loud.. maybe someone here has more ride experience and can chime in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey All,

Vance and Hines Grenades
RPW Shock

Here's two more sets of slip ons worth taking a look at if you're looking for 'loud'.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Any of you guys have Crushers? I am looking for the best way to drop the sound down a tad, I guess I have to remove the baffles and find a good fiberglass wrap for them, yes? Anyone done this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up some insulation for the stock pipes from Design Engineering. Check them out to see if they have a solution. Once I finish my breaking I am going to have them installed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Any of you guys have Crushers? I am looking for the best way to drop the sound down a tad, I guess I have to remove the baffles and find a good fiberglass wrap for them, yes? Anyone done this?

I've taken my Crushers off after failing to find a way to quiet them. Tried SS pads in the front, and several sizes of exit hole washers. They already have a glass wrap around the baffle, so it's not an option to add more wrap. They're basically a straight pipe that looks great, saves weight, and is loud.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've taken my Crushers off after failing to find a way to quiet them. Tried SS pads in the front, and several sizes of exit hole washers. They already have a glass wrap around the baffle, so it's not an option to add more wrap. They're basically a straight pipe that looks great, saves weight, and is loud.
Yeah, we'll see once I get out and ride a bit, but I would love to find a way to quiet them down a bit. I do like the rumble. Not sure what the trade off will be. Maybe a swap with someone here.

·
Bronze Member
2,481 Posts
I heard the grenades at the dealer the other day.. its loud... my vh slash cuts are plenty loud so im adding baffles. I believe grenades also have a baffle to tone it from friggin loud to dam thats loud.. maybe someone here has more ride experience and can chime in.
I have the Grenades on my 60. When I had them installed V & H sent the wrong baffles so for about a week I rode without any baffles in it, I liked it but the rest of the world
didn't. The correct baffles are in and its still on the loud side but I do like it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I really liked the sound of my Crushers but it was too loud for longer rides. I tried adding extra baffles which made them a bit quieter but spoiled the sound (for me). I ended up with Aeromachs which are a good compromise : sound nice but not too loud.

on a different tack the Crushers weight was just right for the balance of the bike. Aeromachs are slightly heavier and the stock exhaust is way too heavy. It's as though Indian designed the bike to balance correctly with Crusher (or similar) weight exhaust.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm looking at the Crushers and the RCX. They both sound good on the videos I've seen, but I haven't heard either in person. Anyone have an idea of how they compare? Really leaning toward the RCX since it comes in black.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Installed vh baffles for my slash pipes. Pain to get in but it does make it quieter while still sounding like it should...also threw in ss intake today. Bike moves now
Cool, did you do the PVCX?

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm looking at the Crushers and the RCX. They both sound good on the videos I've seen, but I haven't heard either in person. Anyone have an idea of how they compare? Really leaning toward the RCX since it comes in black.
Crushers are louder. I like the RCX better, deeper and more refined IMO. To be fair I only heard each for a few minutes, and not on the same day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts