Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there was a recall on the 2017 & 2018 Indian Scout regarding ABS issues. I have a 2016 and it seems I have the same issues. My bike only has 9800km ans is in MINT condition. What can I do? Does this fall in under the same batch?

·
Registered
187 Posts
When I bought my 2018 Scout ABS, I spent some time checking out all the Scout 69 and Scout 60s on the showroom floor. Most of them had front brakes (ABS and non-ABS) that had air in the system. On some of them the brake lever could be squeezed to the bars. As I recall, that was the problem. Simply bleeding the front brake should fix it. I couldn't believe the dealer would put bikes like that on the floor, let alone sell them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I bought my 2018 Scout ABS, I spent some time checking out all the Scout 69 and Scout 60s on the showroom floor. Most of them had front brakes (ABS and non-ABS) that had air in the system. On some of them the brake lever could be squeezed to the bars. As I recall, that was the problem. Simply bleeding the front brake should fix it. I couldn't believe the dealer would put bikes like that on the floor, let alone sell them.
Yes, that happened to me as well. When I took it to the dealer they had to dismantle the pads, the pistons were pulled out to the maximum and then bled. Now the hand brake is fine. However, I still have the ABS light switch on. The dealer told me that the sensor went bad and I believe that it was defective.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts