Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience on brands or websites for saddlebag support brackets that work well? It’s for a set of throw over saddlebags to avoid paint damage.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've used the universal kind that have to be assembled on multiple bikes just fine. They are really cheap too, I picked a random 20 dollar one from amazon or ebay depending on if I wanted black or chrome at the time. For my scout, the belt guard gets in the way so I used a steel spacer on each mounting point to give more clearance. Since you are on a chief, I don't think clearance is as much an issue as size and strength. I don't recall seeing larger ones, but I'm sure the solid piece ones would work. I just avoid them because they are typically in the 100 dollar range, probably because they only fit certain bikes. Finding something like that with the right size for mounting is harder, but a lot of people like the EZ brackets and they are about the same price and readily available. If you are using throw over bags, the yoke might even hide the EZ brackets completely. I didn't like seeing them sticking out so I just reused my old throw over bags with a new bracket.

1593027844769.png

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone have any experience on brands or websites for saddlebag support brackets that work well? It’s for a set of throw over saddlebags to avoid paint damage.

Thanks for your help
I know you are referring to throw over bags but I just picked up some easy brackets for my hard-backed saddle bags. They are quick-release brackets that are intended for hard-backed bags. That said you might be able to adapt them to you bags so that you can easily remove the brackets (if you like to remove the bags regularly). Maybe another forum member has used them this way.

Easy Brackets

1 - 3 of 3 Posts