Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
681 - 700 of 721 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Buck,
There are easier ways than how I did it...I've seen/read where folks will use a motorcycle mirror extender. Attach the extender to the normal mounting point and then mount the mirror upside down to the other end of the extender.
I don't like the looks of the extender so......I did the following:

1. bought a piece of straight bracket from Lowes and made two smaller brackets (2" long) and when necessary drilled holes big enough to accommodate 10mm at the ends of the short brackets.
2. bought a set of 10mmx1.5 bolts and used those to attach the bracket to the normal mounting point, leaving the other end of the bracket sticking out.
3. unscrew the mirror from the mirror stem (it'll be attached to the long end of the stem) and screw it back on the opposite end (short end). This will give you much needed length to lower the mirror down as far as possible from the mounting point on the bracket.
4. Use some spacers (I used 2-3 washers and a nut) to create even more depth and mount the mirror upside down through the bracket that's already screwed into the normal mount point. You'll want to use the tightening screw from the top side to secure the mirror stem to the bracket.
5. leave the screws just finger tight so you can adjust accordingly.
That's pretty much it...really. nothing too difficult. I attached a close up pic for ya.
oh yeah....I'll be painting/PlastiDip the nut to black it out. :)

This method will "get the job done." however, I'm looking for another way to mount my mirrors. I like it underneath, but it's juuuuuuust not quite the way I'd like. I'll post my other idea if it pans out, but for now....this'll do.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Auto part Automotive design

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks brother. I tried some extenders mentioned from another thread; just couldn't get them to fit right. I like your idea. Or I may just settle for some Arlen Ness mini ovals or scythes...

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
2016 Chief DH Stage II
798 Posts
I'm sure this won't be to everyone's taste but I had a wee makeover done over the winter

looks cool man! especially with the red seat.

i just found a guy on Instagram that cut up his CDH and turned it into a bit of a rat, cafe, bobber, club bike thing. making it yours is half the fun..... i just can't do anything like that until mine is paid for lol

Reactions: Janluke
681 - 700 of 721 Posts