·
Registered
558 Posts
Sweet.

Reactions: Roll On

·
Super Moderator
5,888 Posts
I am sure everyone is going to say: "Love it" or "Bad ass", etc. But personally . . . I don't care for it. Never have liked flat black on anything. To me it just looks unfinished. But that is the look some want. I suppose. However Blue Chief's comment about the beginnings of an uber "Rad Rat" has interest for me to see. Sorry folks, just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Really like the look, bad ass for sure, and less than 17,000 before extras. Not bad at all.

---
Texas Hill Country - Wimberley
2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Damm, guess I have to sweet talk the little lady into buying me one of them, still have room for one more....:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I am sure everyone is going to say: "Love it" or "Bad ass", etc. But personally . . . I don't care for it. Never have liked flat black on anything. To me it just looks unfinished. But that is the look some want. I suppose. However Blue Chief's comment about the beginnings of an uber "Rad Rat" has interest for me to see. Sorry folks, just not my cup of tea.
Yes not everyone shares the same opinion, likes or dislikes. Thats what makes us unique in this world.
I happen to love the matte black. Its not flashy but it is a thing of beauty!
My Chieftain is black and i love it too.
Ride safe

·
Registered
716 Posts
I think it's a great looking bike, what I don't get is some of the scout comparisons, it's a blacked out classic. Nothing wrong with that, but a lot heavier than a scout. I would be concerned about the lack of an oil cooler though, my vintage runs pretty warm with it.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,072 Posts
Good morning,
I didn't think I'd like the flat, well, its really more of a satin, finish. But the beautifully photographed feature really illustrates how the semi-gloss, in certain lights, reveals just how right the Indian design team got it when they sculpted the flowing lines of the new Chief. The textures of the Dark engine, too, are a thing of beauty. A beautiful machine!

And, if you don't care for the look, well, its the most affordable of the Chief line and already in primer, ready for a custom paint job!
--- Randall

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
In early May I will have some equip to put on it

1 - 20 of 718 Posts