Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a "new to me" 2016 Chieftan. In the few months I've had it, I've never been impressed with the front speakers and now I recently blew on out. I'm not technical or handy with wiring at all. If one is available, I'd like a replacement speaker that is an easy "plug and play" replacement to the stock speaker that doesn't require any special wiring or harness to make it work. Any speakers that would fit my needs? I've read a few threads on here about the Hertz ECX 130.5 as a good replacement but I'm not sure if that speaker is any easy installation or not.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions....

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,682 Posts
I recently purchased a "new to me" 2016 Chieftan. In the few months I've had it, I've never been impressed with the front speakers and now I recently blew on out. I'm not technical or handy with wiring at all. If one is available, I'd like a replacement speaker that is an easy "plug and play" replacement to the stock speaker that doesn't require any special wiring or harness to make it work. Any speakers that would fit my needs? I've read a few threads on here about the Hertz ECX 130.5 as a good replacement but I'm not sure if that speaker is any easy installation or not.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions....
I installed the Hertz HCX 130s which have been discontinued. Too bad, they are a really good speaker. The ECX speakers are cheaper but don't know how good they are. I will tell you that one thing I had to do on the HCXs was to remove the magnet boot on the back of the speaker to make them fit. The boot would interfere with the support structure in the fairing. Looking at the back of the ECX speakers I would say they same thing needs to be done to them to get them to fit. Outside of that the install was pretty straight forward. Dean

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
537 Posts
Reactions: jayred1

·
Premium Member
2016 Indian Roadmaster 120 Stroker
537 Posts
And did that speaker just fit and plug right in?
It’s been 4 years but I’m sure they plugged right in and yes they fit with no mods required

Reactions: DTXChieftan

·
175 Posts
I put a pair of Rockford Fosgates in my 2014 Chieftain. They are standard 5 1/4". They screwed right into the existing holes with no mods. Far better sound then the stock Chinese speakers

·
Rider
1,182 Posts
I doubt fosgate is made here any longer.
Take your pick where made now
Thailand or Malaysia. Where a lot of the manufactures say designed, engineered in USA. They are all pretty much made overseas.

·
Rider
439 Posts
I ordered a pair of Focals from Amazon. Very happy with them

·
175 Posts
" I doubt fosgate is made here any longer."

I didn't say they were made in USA, but thanks for your thoughtful insight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts