Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to install a 2-channel 300 watt amp in my saddlebag with matching wattage saddlebag speakers. There is a 16-pin connector under the seat used for the factory Indian saddlebag speaker and amp kit. I need to find out which of the wires in this connector are the left and right audio from the dash stereo. Also, if there is a power wire in this connector for the factory saddlebag amp I would like to know what color wire is this one too.

In short, I need the schematic for the 16-pin connector. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I plan to install a 2-channel 300 watt amp in my saddlebag with matching wattage saddlebag speakers. There is a 16-pin connector under the seat used for the factory Indian saddlebag speaker and amp kit. I need to find out which of the wires in this connector are the left and right audio from the dash stereo. Also, if there is a power wire in this connector for the factory saddlebag amp I would like to know what color wire is this one too.

In short, I need the schematic for the 16-pin connector. Can anyone help?
Did you get your install squared away? I know this post is a little old. I have a 2016 Chieftain that I would like to be able to add speakers to the saddlebags.
So did it work out? And of so, are you able to hook up everything under the seat, or does more wiring need to run into the fairing. I’m not at all tech savvy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you get your install squared away? I know this post is a little old. I have a 2016 Chieftain that I would like to be able to add speakers to the saddlebags.
So did it work out? And of so, are you able to hook up everything under the seat, or does more wiring need to run into the fairing. I’m not at all tech savvy.
Hey. No I purchased the harness and splice it like was instructed but never got a sound. The power and ground did work. I splice into my front speakers and purchased a line level converter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey. No I purchased the harness and splice it like was instructed but never got a sound. The power and ground did work. I splice into my front speakers and purchased a line level converter.
Thanks. The only complaint I have with my Chieftain (compared to the Harleys) is the sound system is lacking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts