Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just purchased this bike and it came with the above speaker system. The PO just told myself that when the dealership did the installation that they never gave him the install/operators manual. So I wrote Polarus yesterday and sent me the booklet right away. GO POLARIS!

So while reading through the booklet I see that you need a PIN code to pair your bluetooth device to the speakers and that the pin code is affixed to one of the speaker wires, which is now buried I believe in the headlight nacelle or who knows where. At this point the PO does not have the code nor was he ever given it.

Is there any way to get that code w/o taking anything apart? What if that code that was taped to the speaker wire is missing what then???

Any ideas??

TIA

·
Founding member
2,266 Posts
It may be a random 4-digit number, but not sure why it would need to be random. Have you tried the easy ones? 0000, 1234, 1111

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
My car gave me an auto generated pin number I had to enter into my phone to par with my car. I have not seen this done with any other device before other than a car. All you should have to do is start up the speakers and search for a Bluetooth device from your phone.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found if you look up on the left side behind the nacelle next to the steering heat you will see the audio harness. On that if you look closely you will see the attached tag that shows the pin.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Not sure how hard you may have looked for the PIN, but mine was not hard to spot. It is on a fold-over white piece of tape affixed to one of the speaker wires under the nacelle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure how hard you may have looked for the PIN, but mine was not hard to spot. It is on a fold-over white piece of tape affixed to one of the speaker wires under the nacelle.
If the code number tag has been removed, and subsequently lost, is there ANY way to recover the pairing, six digit number?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I'll sell you my speakers for $100, with the PIN tag attached. All you need to do is hook them up to the power cable that is already on your set. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It may be a random 4-digit number, but not sure why it would need to be random. Have you tried the easy ones? 0000, 1234, 1111
The PIN WAS attached to the speaker wiring when I bought them, but it was right under the left speaker and visible to everyone, so I removed it aand SAVED it in the original
box. I went to where I keep all of the boxes of purchased items (I throw nothing away) but it was NOT in it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'll sell you my speakers for $100, with the PIN tag attached. All you need to do is hook them up to the power cable that is already on your set. PM me if interested.
Thanks but NO THANKS.
I posted my dilemma in hopes of finding a solution, not to BUY another set of speakers!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found if you look up on the left side behind the nacelle next to the steering heat you will see the audio harness. On that if you look closely you will see the attached tag that shows the pin.
No, sir - not in THIS case.
The original PIN was attached when I bought them but it was easily visible where it was attached. Hence, I removed and saved it...but it is NOT in the original box in which I saved it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
No, sir - not in THIS case.
The original PIN was attached when I bought them but it was easily visible where it was attached. Hence, I removed and saved it...but it is NOT in the original box in which I saved it.
It's probably now in the same place where all the socks are that disappear in the clothes dryer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts