Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

2015 Service Manual

20K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Moto_Max 
#1 ·
I've been trying to find the 2015 INDIAN SERVICE MANUAL #9925352. Apparently it has some updated info from the 2014 #9925358 manual. Has anybody been able to get one yet?

#3 ·
I recently ordered one but it hasn't arrived yet. I had to go through the dealer because the Indian website wouldn't let me put in the "cart".

#5 ·
Yup your right, I just tried and couldn't put one in the cart either.

I called Indian CS about this and they said that if they're in backorder status it won't show the quantity box on the item. I did check about a week ago and it did show they were available to put into the cart. I think they prioritize filling dealer orders on their accessories and after they have all those orders filled, than you can order it on their site. I check for some accessories almost every day and some days they're available and the same item will not be available the next day.

#8 ·
And just try to use the wiring diagram. Looks ok when you fan through it but just wait until you use it.
Maybe no decompression cam photos has something to do with S&S copy rights. If they are S&S cams.
Something fishy.
As BD says with leather binding and a low number this manual is worth about 50 bucks.

#9 ·
Clack clack, can someone try some of that liquid gold Motol 15 w 60 scout racing oil in their clacker 111. If it helps it might give us some clacker clues. I can't do it at 10 degrees here or I would try it. Clack Clack.
Can't believe we haven't figured this noise out yet.

#13 ·
Randall, these engines also have decompression cams. Both exhaust cams have small additional lobes that hold exhaust valves open during start up and centrifugal force pulls the lobe/ small arm away once spinning. The manual doesn't even mention it ? What you mentioned is a additional retarder I think?

#14 ·
Howdy Fire Rider Blue,
I was wrong in that post and have deleted it. The 2014 Service Manual does NOT explain how the compression release works and the split gears and springs I referenced appear to have nothing to do with the decompression mechanism, but are apparently there to quieten valve train noise. The cams and decompression mechanism in them are manufactured for Indian by S&S and the best explanation of how they work can be found on the S&S website under "Easy Start Cams". I consider it a major fail that there is no mention or explanation of the compression release in the Service Manual. There are several posts with explanations and photos about this in the "Valve Train Noise" thread. Sorry for any confusion this discussion may have caused.
--- Randall

#15 ·
I have always found the shop manuals to be pricey. I always bought one for my H-D's. The Dealer always had em on the rack right there by the lubricants. As the Indian brand matures I'm sure the stocking plan will as well and you'll be able to pick them up from the dealer when you get your bike.

#16 ·
I had that experience with my HD dealers over the years. After the initial purchase of the shop manual, the dealer would just swap out my "old" manual for the "new" manual when I traded my HD for a new one. There was no cost to me for the swap and my old manual would be placed in the parts department on a rack for used manuals which he sold at a big discount. I think Indian dealers should consider a similar offering which would be especially nice if the manual was sold/swapped as a pdf file.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.