Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Like the title says, I have a 2015 Scout that wont start. This morning I tried to start it, it wouldn't start due what I assume was low fuel, I didn't realise it was low as my speedo doesn't work. When I tried to start I got a single click, nothing more, so I filled it up. Still wouldn't start, but now when I try to start, just having the ignition on cause the bike to click about three times a second constantly, and when I flick the killswitch off to prime it, the fuel pump starts and stops with the same timing as the click, but still wont even attempt to start. I have tried to call the dealership but just said the battery is dead without listening to what I was explaining, also, the battery is only a week and a half old. I really need to get her up and running as this is my only form of transport. Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
63 Posts
This just happened to me. I had to replace the battery, had a bad cell or something. Could not jump it, Could not cross the solenoid (would just click). Once I put in a new battery everything was fine and I was getting that same clicking you were in the relay.

Same thing happened to me 3-4 months after I purchased it but the dealer kept blowing me off even though, at that time, it as a warranty issue. It would not turn over unless the bike had cooled off.

With my last battery it was on a tender 90% of the time if I was not planning on riding it every day. Those little batteries only seem to last 3-5 years.

I did get the Yuasa battery as they seem to be the better ones in the market. I am sure someone will tell me X and X are better but they seem to be up there.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hey guys,

Like the title says, I have a 2015 Scout that wont start. This morning I tried to start it, it wouldn't start due what I assume was low fuel, I didn't realise it was low as my speedo doesn't work. When I tried to start I got a single click, nothing more, so I filled it up. Still wouldn't start, but now when I try to start, just having the ignition on cause the bike to click about three times a second constantly, and when I flick the killswitch off to prime it, the fuel pump starts and stops with the same timing as the click, but still wont even attempt to start. I have tried to call the dealership but just said the battery is dead without listening to what I was explaining, also, the battery is only a week and a half old. I really need to get her up and running as this is my only form of transport. Anyone got any ideas?
That does sound like a dead battery. Get a jump to be sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys, thanks very much for the responses! So Ive managed to push start it, looks like it definitely is the battery. I was very skeptical due to the erratic sounds the pump etc were making, and because the battery is brand new, but it looks like the simplest thing is the culprit once again. Now, to figure out why the battery is dying so quickly!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Check the terminal connections too. Those bolts from the factory are very short and you might have had a loose terminal lead .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts