Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - new to the blog here. I've decided to upgrade the rear suspension on my 2015 Scout with the Arlen Ness 1-1/2" adjustable shocks. Plan is to upgrade the front forks with some 20W fluid plus the progressive spring kit. I'm 6'2" ~210lbs & have no issue putting my feet on the ground. Was wondering if anyone had success/pictures of what lowering the front forks 1-2" looked/felt like. I've always liked a little bit lower profile look - but am concerned on travel between the front fender and the rad cover. Thoughts? Thanks in advance for the insight/assistance!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi
Just read this. I'm sure that you know that lowering the front forks 1-2" will have a serious affect on how the bike handles?
I've done some suspension upgrades on Scout suspension, but no one has asked to lower the forks. As you know the suspension on pre 2017 (Europe - not sure about elsewhere) was pretty unforgiving. Then around 2017 the rear shocks were fitted with progressive springs and in 2018 the bike got cartridge forks too. Still no adjustment on the front though.
I'm not familiar with Arlen Ness suspension, are you intending on dropping the back end by a similar measure?
When this lock down eases and I can get back into the workshop, I can look things up for you - again I work with European models, I understand there is not much different
Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts