Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Scout, with large capacity US Saddlebags. They make it a little harder to get in to do the tire pressure check on teh rear wheel
Has anyone added aftermarket Tire Pressure sensors to their bikes?
I'm looking at these two (because they have the best reviews on Amazon, and I know nothing about them):
SYKIK Rider SRTP300
Mercu Wireless Digital Motorcycle Tire Pressure Gauge Monitoring System

Does anyone have firsthand (or even second hand) information about these?
I like that the sensors are in the valve caps so the tire doesn't need to be removed to replace the stem sheath, and they come with their own remote screens.

thanks in advance for any information on them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i went with FOBO 2 a couple of months ago and don't have any complaints so far. I always mount my phone so I wanted something that connected to an app. However, it is a little more expensive than most.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
I put the SYKIK SRTP 340 on a couple months ago and it’s been flawless.
It’s the round monitor version, which I thought would match the Scout speedometer.
Well it didn’t have the silver ring as shown in the pictures and for $10 more than the 300 it didn’t even come with a USB charging cable. Luckily I already had one that fit it.
At least the 300 shows pictures of a charging cable. The 340 did not. Don’t ask me what’s up with that, real strange huh.

Anyway… It has been trouble free, no air loss through the valve caps.
I have only redone the air pressure once since installing.
Shows tires heat up during a ride so the pressure goes up and stays the same after cooling down before the next ride since the wheels have to get moving again before it resets.

Only thing I’m trying to get in the habit of doing is shutting it off to save the battery. It does sleep while parked but I still shut it down all the way.
The select button does both. One or two second press to start up three seconds or more to shut down.

The major task involved with installing is going through all the button pushes. Best thing you can do there is count the number of pressed it takes in the instructions, then proceed best you can to set it up right.
Most important was the sensor pairing when letters show on the monitor before connecting. That was confusing to me but I just let it do it’s thing once I got to that part.

·
Registered
20 Posts
FOBO
Used them for years
A little touchy to sync up first time through. Installed on wife’s Scout
My Goldwing has TPMS built in of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for sharing, everyone. The fobo is nice, but it just seems like more than what I need.
I'm going to go with the Sykik, probably the SRTP 300. According to the company, it's functionally the same as the 340, but the display isn't as fancy and doesn't have a clock.
That's enough for me, especially since right now, I feel the tires before each ride and check the pressure about weekly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts