Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my 2015 Roadmaster on the 27th of July Running Fine with no issues. I went out yesterday to start it since I had a phone charger still plugged in, and it would not power up when I pushed on the power but on the tank or the start button. I figured the battery had drained down, so I put a battery tender/charger on it. It says the battery is fully charged and still not power activity, don't even get any activity from the fob when I try to lock it or activate the alarm. Any suggestions

·
Registered
58 Posts
Check the fuse block and connection to the battery terminals. Hopefully there no damage to the VCM

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Disconnect the battery and reconnect and tighten. I'm just guessing if your battery charger says it's fully charger it's just a bad connection. All fuses are good?

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I would check the battery in your fob... if it is dead you can not make contact with the ignition!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I would check the battery in your fob... if it is dead you can not make contact with the ignition!

You don't need the fob, enter your pass code. I'm stumped at retightening the battery connections on the battery didn't work. Of course you didn't reverse the connections, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't need the fob, enter your pass code. I'm stumped at retightening the battery connections on the battery didn't work. Of course you didn't reverse the connections, right?
No did them one at a time just to hook up the battery tender

·
Registered
174 Posts
You can't get to the battery without moving the VCM. Sure hope that's not the problem because that's $500+. Pretty lousy thinking on Polaris part

·
Rider
486 Posts
I believe your battery is shot. Once they get drained so far, the Battery Tender can't bring it up.
Use a volt meter and measure the voltage in battery. If it is not 12.8 volts, your battery is low.
12.3 volts or lower = battery shot. Before measuring voltage, put a regular charger on it.
Also, the fob batteries, in my experience, last less than a year. I change mine every 6 months.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe your battery is shot. Once they get drained so far, the Battery Tender can't bring it up.
Use a volt meter and measure the voltage in battery. If it is not 12.8 volts, your battery is low.
12.3 volts or lower = battery shot. Before measuring voltage, put a regular charger on it.
Also, the fob batteries, in my experience, last less than a year. I change mine every 6 months.
You are correct, pulled the battery out and put itg on a charger and everything back to normal. Thanks for the help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts