Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We just bought a 2015 Roadmaster.
After changing the battery and cleaning the main parts, the motorcycle starts and runs.
Unfortunately dashboard doesn't work. LCD is dark, speedo and fuel meters don't move.
After changing the battery we noticed that two of the cables aren't plugged (the green and blue one on the left side).
Maybe some parts missing?
I attached a picture of it.
Any idea with the dashboard, or the missing parts?
Thanks!
Gergo from Hungary

Attachments

·
Bronze member
1,436 Posts
The green one is the connector for the heated seat. The blue one is for the wiring harness that attaches to the trunk harness that runs underneath the seat. Neither would have anything to do with the dash lighting up.

Your title suggests the bike was involved in a flood. Was it submerged in water? If so, that could have something to do with the display not functioning.

Reactions: Czmari9

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You! The green is clear now, but we can't find where to connect the blue one.
If you, or anyone have a picture of it, it would be great to see it.

Yes, the bike was submerged. As far as we know water didn't reach the height of the dash.

·
Bronze member
1,436 Posts
The blue one attaches to a harness that is attached to the seat and then plugs in to the wiring that is under the base of the trunk. It operates the rear speakers, the power port and the run/brake light in the trunk.

Sorry, but I don't have any pictures of the setup and the seat is on my bike right now with the trunk so not so easy access.

·
Registered
765 Posts
take pictures of all the connectors then unplug, clean and dry each one, then put them back together. Remove the fuses and do the same with them. That may or may not fix the problem but it is where I'd start. Sure will give you peace of mind that your connections are ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts