Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any word on a full size touring model on the idea of Harley's Ultra ? I'm looking to get away from Harley but need something for the long haul, need a tour pack and be able to pull a Bushtec trailer !!!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I talked to a Indian dealer a few weeks ago on 2015's. He said Indian is pretty tight lipped on what's coming down the pipe line. I think if they are going compete with Harley they will have to expand the line. Their sister company Victory has a nice full line up, I'm sure that's were they'll take Indian.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would say all they are going to do is add a tour pak to the Chieftain.
It already has plenty of power and would have no problem pulling a trailer.
just need to see who comes out with a hitch for the bike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, I can't see Indian making a Chieftain with tour pac and leg shields, it would compete with the Victory Cross Country Tour head on and Polaris won't want that !, I think they'll keep the specs slightly different to appeal to different buyers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello everyone, I called Indian Motorcycle Consumer Service (877-204-3697) about a tour pak (trunk) & they told me that on August 1, 2014 the new accessories will be available for current Indian Motorcycles & the 2015 models. They are tight lipped about everything so they can unveil the new stuff at Sturgis. The person I talked to was a lady by the name of Kaleen. Give her a call & bug her about a tour pak for the Chieftain, it can't hurt ! If enough people complain, maybe they will release the things we all want & need a little earlier than August 1st.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I bet if you check with Bushtec, you would probably find that they are working on a hitch for the Indians, if they don't have it already.

·
Registered
2 Posts
where is bushtec out off. i guess they will be in sturges as well.O well its allready the 22 nd July. Might be a great ride
Port Dover Ont.

·
Registered
35 Posts
one of the only reasons i have not bought a Chieftain yet is because it lacks a tour pack. i am old school and i would not even compare a Victory to a Indian as they are completely different bikes. i do not think Polaris should even worry about those two competing with each other as General Motors makes all sorts of different makes of cars and doesn't care which one you buy as long as you buy from them and not another company. it will be a big mistake for Indian not to come up with a great looking tour pack that matches the beautiful flows of the bike and until they do they will keep losing customers who want a true touring bike with needed accessories. they also have to do something about their footrests for both driver and passenger. just my 2 cents so do not be offended.

·
Registered
958 Posts
When I last checked and mind you it was Victory demo days which I worked, the cross country tours were selling way under what you would have in an Indian Chieftain with tour pak, so as far as competing that's not the case. I had also read in Motorcyclist July issue or June that victory might be headed to liquid cooling and they had a nice little drawing of the concept. Where they got it from I don't know. I have a feeling it was leaked by Polaris. I have driven a cross country tour, the only knock I would put on it was that it was too quiet and would need pipes as I thought it sounded to lawn mowerish and seemed like it was champing at the bit to unleash all the other potential ponies. You could hear the radio better though !

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok guys, like ya'll I hate to wait till August to see what is offered. I see the new two tone paint schemes but I like the solid colors also. Are the two tone schemes offered in addition to the solid colors for 2015? If you have some info please share.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts