Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
I would think for the time being you would have to be a dealer to get your hands on one. Usually someone will publish one for do it yourself mechanics, but the bike isn't even available yet. You could try to get your dealer to snag you a copy. Other than that, this forum is probably your best resource.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hi L & L,

I actually ordered one from Indian of Toledo, only to be informed a week later that it wasn't actually available yet!!

I've asked them to keep my order until the Manual becomes available but I don't have a time frame!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Have done a lot of searching but not been able to get access to one yet .. P/N 9925346 .. Just went to the website and managed to order one .. Was $80.13 plus Tax and Shipping made it $102.00 Kind of expensive but went along to have a good working knowledge of the Bike before it gets here .. Especially wanting to read about the valve adjustment procedure ..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Have done a lot of searching but not been able to get access to one yet .. P/N 9925346 .. Just went to the website and managed to order one .. Was $80.13 plus Tax and Shipping made it $102.00 Kind of expensive but went along to have a good working knowledge of the Bike before it gets here .. Especially wanting to read about the valve adjustment procedure ..
Just wondering because here is the fine print:

• "Complete service manual for all 2014 Indian models. Service manual is printed on demand and ships separate from other products.

• We do not accept returns on this product.":rolleyes:

·
5,337 Posts
This is the Receipt I got from them .. Actual Cost was $95.80 .. How long it takes to get here is another story ..

Your order includes the following item(s):
Items Ordered
QTY
Unit Price
Subtotal
2015 Indian Scout Service Manual- 9925346
$80.99
$80.99
Estimated Shipping & Handling: $14.99
Estimated Tax: $6.72
Estimated Order Total: $102.70

You will receive an email confirmation once your item has been shipped.
Log in to your account at www.indianmotorcycle.com to obtain the following information:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
This is the Receipt I got from them .. Actual Cost was $95.80 .. How long it takes to get here is another story ..

Your order includes the following item(s):
Items Ordered
QTY
Unit Price
Subtotal
2015 Indian Scout Service Manual- 9925346
$80.99
$80.99
Estimated Shipping & Handling: $14.99
Estimated Tax: $6.72
Estimated Order Total: $102.70

You will receive an email confirmation once your item has been shipped.
Log in to your account at www.indianmotorcycle.com to obtain the following information:
Looks like I will have to invest in one now so I have reading material while I wait.

·
5,337 Posts
Took about 3 weeks to get, got it about 2 weeks before picked up the Scout , just glad I got it early .. Just bumping this back up because seems the Prices of Service Manuals have increased on all Indian Models ..

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Took about 3 weeks to get, got it about 2 weeks before picked up the Scout , just glad I got it early .. Just bumping this back up because seems the Prices of Service Manuals have increased on all Indian Models ..

Can you tell me if it covers the ABS brakes for international models?
Many thanks,
Alpal

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts

Don't bother thanks Jay. Have found the answer.
Regards,
Alpal

Reactions: JayFL459

·
Premium Member
283 Posts

Sorry Jay but do you have a link to this? *Edit - Just saw this for $149.99. Is this the same? looks like they're using a different cover. Also says "COMING MARCH 2015 - This product is in production and will be available for purchase soon."

Source: Indian Service Manual- 9925346 Indian Motorcycle Store

·
Registered
656 Posts
Check back through the threads there was a dealer who was selling them at cost ($80 plus shipping) will see if I can find it for you too.
ok the thread is Scout Service Manual - at the bottom of page 1 Builder posted that the dealer in Sioux Falls sold them for 80 plus shipping.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Check back through the threads there was a dealer who was selling them at cost ($80 plus shipping) will see if I can find it for you too.
ok the thread is Scout Service Manual - at the bottom of page 1 Builder posted that the dealer in Sioux Falls sold them for 80 plus shipping.
[email protected]

I have one on its way to Burtland. Found the above in a thread somewhere but can't find it again.

Reactions: Cody

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Looking through the threads there are so many different posts that are talking about possible solutions but I don't see any that can be trusted to be a legit service manual.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
No
[email protected]

I have one on its way to Burtland. Found the above in a thread somewhere but can't find it again.
, that's just their email address. I ordered mine after reading a thread here. Someone else commented that the manuals were rubbish bootleg copies but I blowed if I can find it again. Will keep looking. Try here

Service Shop Repair Manual
Regards,
Alpal

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
No

, that's just their email address. I ordered mine after reading a thread here. Someone else commented that the manuals were rubbish bootleg copies but I blowed if I can find it again. Will keep looking. Try here

Regards,
Alpal
Thanks. Would you mind letting us know about the one you order when it arrives? Because they haven't released theirs on the Indian site it concerns me that they are adding to a new edition since releasing the bike.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Thanks. Would you mind letting us know about the one you order when it arrives? Because they haven't released theirs on the Indian site it concerns me that they are adding to a new edition since releasing the bike.
Not a problem. Should be here in about 9 days.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
No

Regards,
Alpal
Found it. Go to "Shop Manual" and read all about it. A good number of quality diverse comments.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Not a problem. Should be here in about 9 days.
Hi all, have received the Scout workshop manual and it appears to be very comprehensive. It covers ABS brakes and the side stand switch. Quite satisfactory except that the courier delivered It wet. 25% of the manual is soaked so instead of reading it the week before I pick up my bike I am sending it in to NZ Post for a claim. Oh, well,..sh-t happens...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts