Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Yup, LA times jumped the gun. It's on fb. LA times said it is the new 2015 1133cc 100hp liquid cooled Indian Scout, MSRP for base model 10,999.

Looks like the LA Times dropped the ball on this one!

http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-hy-first-look-2015-indian-scout-20140801-story.html

The story has been taken down, but not before people were able to grab ahold of the image headlining the whole story! The brand new Indian Scout looks breathtaking! I was not sure what they were going to do with it. Would it be a scrambler; or a modern classic like the Bonnevilles, Royal Enfields; or would it be a straight shot at the Harley Sportster? Looks like they are gunning straight for the bread and butter of Harley's lineup!

With what our member, 73josemanuel, was able to grab is that it will be almost a 1200cc, liquid cooled motor that is cranking out 100bhp! You get all of that for a mere $10,999! That is Sportster 1200 money and trumps Sporty horsepower by a whopping 25 horses! I would gladly plunk down an extra couple of hundred dollars for the Scout if I get another 25 horses.

Can I talk to you about the styling really quick?! I mean look at this thing! I will admit that the first time that I looked at the body work, I didn't know how I felt about it... Those flat sides of the tank and the flattened out fenders coupled with the panel shrouding the radiator(maybe?) kind of threw me off the trail a bit. But when I looked again, and then again, the more I started to really like the look of this thing. It is industrial. Chopped. Bobbed. The fenders look like they came off the big boys and someone took them into the shop and shaved them and lightened them to drop weight and bulk. And then just below the seat pan, that area just looks incredible in my eyes. It is stripped of all of the paneling and superfluous plastics that are on so many bikes to "clean up the lines."

And now can I talk about my favorite part? Dat engine casing! That is just absolutely STUNNING! This is an area where I think a lot of motorcycle companies fall short. They just paint it all black and let it be done, or they will put chrome EVERYWHERE so that you are blinded in the direct sunlight and you cant see how ugly it really is. The touches of chrome on the black casing is just... Classy. That is it. There is nothing that doesn't need to be on there. No flash, all go.

Speaking of "go," can I direct your eyes to those beautiful wheels? They look like they are coming off a sports car! I kid you not! The 15 spokes are thin and look like they mean business!

I think the boys and girls over at Indian just smashed Harley's sand castle and are about to do a sick burnout in the middle of it! The Sportster had better be quaking in it's boots, because this Indian is going Hog Hunting!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I can't wait to ride it at demo ride in Depere wi in two weeks !!!!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,119 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts