Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

The 2015 Indian Scout looks best in

• Thunder Black

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Indian Red

Votes: 45 44.6%
  • Silver Smoke

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Thunder Black Smoke

Votes: 21 20.8%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What color do you think the new Indian Scout looks best in?

1. Thunder Black

2. Indian Red

3. Silver Smoke

4. Thunder Black Smoke

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ugh I can't decide! If the seat was black then I would go with the Thunder Black Smoke I think. If my only option on seat color is the brown then I would have to go with the Silver Smoke.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to see them in person to make my final decision but from the photos, the silver smoke color looks awesome. I even like the red they choose. It fits the classic look of the bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The chassis is Silver Smoke so I'll go with traditional Red for a nice contrast.
I also like to wax and polish my bikes me not sure if Matt paint would go all wonky on me if I waxed it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If it is the same finish that Kings Mountain used, you will be able to wax off the matte finish. It replaced the clear coat on those machine and constant rubbing does affect it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ordered mine in Indian Red... love the smoke options but not sure how the finish would hold up over time. I plan on keeping this one forever.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I voted for the Silver Smoke but ordered an Indian Red.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would be interesting to see some two tone options. Anyone on here any good with photoshop? Maybe someone could mock up a red with cream, and black/red, or something. Just curious as to what the Scout might look like with a twin paint variation.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Like the Silver Smoke Best but Red is a very close 2nd ..

·
Registered
487 Posts
I like the red,but it just didn't look right to me with the different colors of black on the frame and belt guard... and wheels... IMHO.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Voted for (and pre-ordered) the Silver Smoke. I like all of the other colors as well, but since I couldn't make up my mind I asked the kid and Silver Smoke won out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think the Thunder Black Smoke is beautiful. I love the traditional look of the Red. I ordered the Red but I am constantly having second thoughts on the Thunder Black Smoke. This is actually driving me buggy. I did read that waxing matte finishes can change them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think the Thunder Black Smoke is beautiful. I love the traditional look of the Red. I ordered the Red but I am constantly having second thoughts on the Thunder Black Smoke. This is actually driving me buggy. I did read that waxing matte finishes can change them.
Get both! :p

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
You're right. You aren't supposed to wax matte paint. The whole point of wax is it fills in all the micro cracks, crevices and imperfections and creates a smooth surface that keeps out water, dirt and debris but matte paint relies on having a less than perfectly smooth surface to create the visual effect. I know Mother's makes a whole line of car care products for matte paint, including a protective finish in place of wax.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mothers is very good, but there's a product I was introduced to last year for my matte Bonnie and it is amazing. For anyone wanting to keep their matte finish looking like new, check out Dr. Beasley's products. $100 is kind of steep, but you get alot and it's well worth it imo. And no, I'm not Dr. Beasley!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts