Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty cool!
I think Indian did a great job on the bike. Fingers crossed for a solid build and long term reliability/dependability and customer satisfaction.

Note to all:
As for my intent with this thread: it is to compile all the specs, performance reviews and notes as shared by others already and
what will come down the media's pipe. (I have difficulty remembering where I see stuff - this way is easier for me.)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think Indian did a great job on the bike. Fingers crossed for a solid build and long term reliability/dependability and customer satisfaction.

Note to all:
As for my intent with this thread: it is to compile all the specs, performance reviews and notes as shared by others already and
what will come down the media's pipe. (I have difficulty remembering where I see stuff - this way is easier for me.)
Know what you mean. Search engines go only so far. Great to have some organization. Good thoughts, Great Job.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That gear/rpm chart is wrong. I redid it and it seems more accurate, the tire size was wrong in the other one

Thanks AAC,

I was thinking that there was something wrong about that high speed figure, but I hadn't time to find it when I initially posted it the other day in the "Check My Math"
thread.
Totally overlooked the tire.

Yep, It's the "180" typo in the stock tire size parameter box that made all the difference in the world. Should have been 80

Thanks for catching that AAC.

This must mean that one of the Demo riders who claimed 110 mph in 3rd in his youtube must have pushing it to around 8600 rpm.
Will get the vid.
Going to re-do that calc and edit my prior post.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Haha yea I only caught it cuz of my teenage days workin at discount tire, I was like a 150 / 180 /16 tire would be ridiculous looking!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha yea I only caught it cuz of my teenage days workin at discount tire, I was like a 150 / 180 /16 tire would be ridiculous looking!
Perhaps, but defiant to the end.... tire sizes need to evolve. Time for 10" sidewalls!

Actually, in light of some hillclimbers I've seen.... there have been some pretty riduculously large rear wheels applied.
Apparently to help overcome terrain irregularities and via re-gearing, slow the wheel down while keeping the revs up.
A guess on my part.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts