Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
681 - 700 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
This pic is from the South Dakota Badlands back in 2016. I almost did not make it home from that trip due to a bilateral pulmonary embolism. The only way I made it to Chamberlain, SD is because I was on the bike getting air at 80mph. I thought I had a different problem like altitude sickness in the Black Hills, the symptoms fit. The doc told my wife that apparently the Good Lord wasn't quite done with me because most people that go down with this bad a case don't get back up.
Over the last year I have thought about selling the bike and buying a sports car, but then I would go for a ride. I went and looked at a new Roadmaster, it was nice with all the new bells and whistles, but it didn't make me go WOW enough to pull the trigger. And this bike still turns heads. It was the first red/cream in Minnesota (February 2015) and you still don't see many.
One last thing, the last four numbers of the bike's VIN are 1313. The last four numbers of my driver's license are 1313.
I call the bike 'Lucky' and I think we are joined at the hip, we are going to be for some time to come.
Sorry for the long post, haven't been here for awhile and I'm enjoying a sense of renewal with my good friend.
Keep the shiny side up ya'll and I'll see you on the road.
View attachment 685173

·
Registered
412 Posts
I had same medical problem in 2012. My mission evidently is not over here. Scared a lot of people, everyone but me. Hospital for 5 days and shots in the waistline. I'm great so far with taking blood thinner now.
Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Bedrock

·
Registered
282 Posts
I had same medical problem in 2012. My mission evidently is not over here. Scared a lot of people, everyone but me. Hospital for 5 days and shots in the waistline. I'm great so far with taking blood thinner now.
Amen to all that! A whole lot of people came up to me when I got back to work with hugs and good wishes and even a few tears. Makes you realize that someone does give a damn.
Keep on keepin' on!

·
Bronze member
2017 Icon Roadmaster, 2022 Super Chief Limited 116
1,978 Posts
Headed to Yodders restaurant in Montezuma Ga. Saturday. Homemade Amish lunch. New to my 17 Icon Roadmaster. Used to have a 17 burgundy metallic Roadmaster
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky

·
Bronze member
1,978 Posts
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Fuel tank Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2021 Indian Roadmaster Icon
558 Posts
@lugnut1009 do you have the roadmaster seat? Are you using the cheiftain passenger backrest & rack? I'm asking because I would like to be able to do the same thing (remove trunk & use backrest).
I just realized I posted this in the “2015” thread. Mine is a ‘21, Roadmaster seat and backrest that was on my ‘16 Springfield.

·
Bronze member
1,978 Posts
I just realized I posted this in the “2015” thread. Mine is a ‘21, Roadmaster seat and backrest that was on my ‘16 Springfield.
It’s been that way since……2015! We post all years Roadmasters

·
Bronze member
1,978 Posts
Updated pics w backrest back to match seat (my dumb ass forget to send it originally)
Vehicle Automotive lighting Fuel tank Hood Tire

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Bronze member
1,978 Posts
Reactions: riding a relic

·
Registered
New owner of a 2021 Indian Roadmaster Limited (8/20/21)
86 Posts
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

We hauled a small cargo trailer from NH to Gatlinburg, TN, spent 2 days riding through the Smokey Mountains, then headed to Myrtle Beach, SC for another 2 days before heading back home. About 2,700 miles pulling the trailer and another 200-300 miles through the mountains without it. We rode down in 2 days (long days in the saddle with traffic through NY/NJ/CT). Due to the heat wave coming back, we took 3 days to ride home. We got stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic a couple of times.... in DE the temp on the bike was reading 108 degree. 🥵

My front tire pressure monitor was turning on and off, but otherwise the bike performed really well. She handled like a dream with plenty of power. Even loaded down in temps of over 100 degrees. I'm very happy with her.

For the record, we threw the leather jackets in the trailer at our first rest stop and never took them out again. Don't judge, we know the risks.

·
Registered
2017 Roadmaster - 2001 Honda Shadow 750 - 1975 Honda 550 Four
134 Posts
View attachment 699631 View attachment 699632
View attachment 699633

We hauled a small cargo trailer from NH to Gatlinburg, TN, spent 2 days riding through the Smokey Mountains, then headed to Myrtle Beach, SC for another 2 days before heading back home. About 2,700 miles pulling the trailer and another 200-300 miles through the mountains without it. We rode down in 2 days (long days in the saddle with traffic through NY/NJ/CT). Due to the heat wave coming back, we took 3 days to ride home. We got stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic a couple of times.... in DE the temp on the bike was reading 108 degree. 🥵

My front tire pressure monitor was turning on and off, but otherwise the bike performed really well. She handled like a dream with plenty of power. Even loaded down in temps of over 100 degrees. I'm very happy with her.

For the record, we threw the leather jackets in the trailer at our first rest stop and never took them out again. Don't judge, we know the risks.
Thanks for sharing your journey. What did you ride before you got this beauty.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
New owner of a 2021 Indian Roadmaster Limited (8/20/21)
86 Posts
Thanks for sharing your journey. What did you ride before you got this beauty.

Ride Safe
I had a 1999 Valkyrie Interstate for about 10 years. I put over 50k miles on her. She pulled that same trailer up through southern Canada, and down to Nashville twice. She was a beast!

Transitioning to Roadmaster was easy in terms of basic riding, but getting to that point when you instinctively know when the floorboards will scrape and trusting that you can lean just a little beyond that and still maintain road grip.... that takes time in the saddle. This trip did a LOT to build that trust. I still haven't dragged the RM floorboards yet and I'm not sure I can. I also still mute the radio every once in awhile when I'm posturing to toot the horn lol. Again, that will be cured by more time in the saddle.

What was your previous bike?

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

681 - 700 of 704 Posts