Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
661 - 680 of 704 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Our four day ride covered U.S 64 along the Ocoee River, about half of the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Foothills Parkway, Tail Of The Dragon, and Cherohala Skyway, then back to Chattanooga via U.S. 64. A fantastic ride.

The photo is "Rumble" on the Foothills Parkway (9/15/21).

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
This pic is from the South Dakota Badlands back in 2016. I almost did not make it home from that trip due to a bilateral pulmonary embolism. The only way I made it to Chamberlain, SD is because I was on the bike getting air at 80mph. I thought I had a different problem like altitude sickness in the Black Hills, the symptoms fit. The doc told my wife that apparently the Good Lord wasn't quite done with me because most people that go down with this bad a case don't get back up.
Over the last year I have thought about selling the bike and buying a sports car, but then I would go for a ride. I went and looked at a new Roadmaster, it was nice with all the new bells and whistles, but it didn't make me go WOW enough to pull the trigger. And this bike still turns heads. It was the first red/cream in Minnesota (February 2015) and you still don't see many.
One last thing, the last four numbers of the bike's VIN are 1313. The last four numbers of my driver's license are 1313.
I call the bike 'Lucky' and I think we are joined at the hip, we are going to be for some time to come.
Sorry for the long post, haven't been here for awhile and I'm enjoying a sense of renewal with my good friend.
Keep the shiny side up ya'll and I'll see you on the road.
Jeans Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle

661 - 680 of 704 Posts