Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
well i just bought mine 2wks ago, and i FEEL THE PAIN...waxing this thing at least once a wk so far...ugh

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Black is definitely beautiful and the prettiest when clean & shiny, but a bear to keep it that way. I've had black bikes and know the routine well. You really have to be careful not to get any scratches or swirl marks in the paint when polishing. Knowing what I know, I'd opt for the red or the two tone red/cream. Nothing wrong with anyone else choosing black though!!
That is why I chose red. However, I agree black is the prettiest Roadmaster, all that chrome on black paint just pops.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Agree with PakRat!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
Tis a beauty that is for sure!

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
104 Posts
You have me scared as I was planning on ordering a black RM this coming Saturday. I currently ride a Red Vic CR and I know that I clean it in the summer every 2-3 weeks to keep it look in' good.

I know black is a hard color to keep clean, but I do not have time to wax every week. You are kidding!!
well i just bought mine 2wks ago, and i FEEL THE PAIN...waxing this thing at least once a wk so far...ugh

·
Registered
104 Posts
Black is definitely beautiful and the prettiest when clean & shiny, but a bear to keep it that way. I've had black bikes and know the routine well. You really have to be careful not to get any scratches or swirl marks in the paint when polishing. Knowing what I know, I'd opt for the red or the two tone red/cream. Nothing wrong with anyone else choosing black though!!
Ok, personal preference and I do like all the Indians, just love the way the leather pops off of the Black RM. But, my bike must be spotless as I take great pride in a clean bike. Leather looks great on Red as well. I don't get the POP on the two tone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got the black. Love it but of course is shows dirt like no other color. Around South Texas it's dust - and you just can't take a rag and dust the bike, at least not without getting scratches/swirls all over. I even tried a Swiffer on one of the hard bags, and could tell a difference. It seems running water from a hose to first rinse off as much dust as possible works well, followed by a wet rag, then dry. But as others have said, lots of waxing on the black.

·
Registered
268 Posts
1 - 20 of 652 Posts