Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FullSizeRender.jpg

As many of you may know, I have been lucky enough to spend some quality time with the Indian Scout. I wanted to answer the questions that you guys had about the new bike, so I opened up my review to the membership. Well, as luck would have it, when I turned in the keys to the Scout, I was bestowed a set of keys to the 2015 Indian Chieftain, so I wanted to see what you all wanted to know when I write my review.

Chime in to this thread and make your questions be known. I will be traveling this week and next, but will start logging miles after that. Get your questions in now as I will close the thread when I start to compile my formal review.

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I only have one question: How do I get your job?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Please discuss your thoughts on the low speed (less than 10 MPH) handling of the Chieftain. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
My question is similar to ChaCha's, but more specifically...what is the low speed turning radius and is it "easy" to handle at that speed (e.g. can a U-turn be made on a 2-lane country road in one maneuver)? I want to validate that the shorter rake (compared to the Chief's) favors lower speed handling...even to the point of moving the bike around when NOT under power...like what would be typical of repositioning the bike in your garage.

Also, does the bike exhibit any head-shake at any "sane" speeds?

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
Does the Chieftain feel heavy coming off of the lighter, lower Scout? How much gear can you realistically cram into the saddlebags? How does the sound system sound? At what speed does the exhaust and wind noise over power it? How are the ergonomics?

·
Registered
58 Posts
About Chieftain: engine noises? Valve noise? Is the shifting smooth or hard? More clunk respect to MY 14? Is the neutral easy to find?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts