Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone out there doing upgrades to older Chieftain dash displays. Love my bike but not too whacked about the display. Hoping the aftermarket manufacturers have designed a larger dash panel, similar to the newer models but without Ride Control. I realize this is not an easy refit but have seen 'the other guys' with upgrades. I suspect some are homemade affairs but others seem to be store bought. Anyhow, thought I'd troll this across the board to see if there's anything out there. TIA

·
Silver member
4,971 Posts
I don't think there is anything that simple that will change it out. On a 15 you would need a new VCM, screen etc, but the inner dash could be swapped out to accept the newer configuration and you could make the change I would think.

But with Indian's parts cost you probably better just to upgrade to the newer design. 17 or newer on everything but the Chieftain Darkhorse. It still had your dash board, but the other Chieftains made the change in 17.

Reactions: AFChief

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps there is someone out there that has swapped inners....somehow??

·
Rider
629 Posts
Good luck. I still haven’t found very much at all in the way of aftermarket audio upgrades for the older chieftains. What I have found is extremely expensive and is speakers and amps. No upgrade for the radio itself without putting it somewhere else like in the saddlebags.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some time ago I came across a Harley Bagger that had an I-Pad, about 8x10" molded into the dash and this guy had integrated all the handlebar controls to work with it. Gauges were off to the side like ours. So there are people with the skill to do these things, just haven't found one yet. My ext warrantee is up in Nov so I'm looking, and hope to find one of those wizards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts