Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did the oil change at 800 km's. Now have 9 50 km's on it. Was riding toady and it was fine. Wanted to go out after dinner for an evening ride and the bike would not start. 1st attempt it was slow. Almost like a weak battery. (Has over 12 volts). 2nd attempt it didn't kick over at all. Almost smelled an electrical burning smell. So that was the end of that.
Toggled the switches and got these 2 codes on it:
I'll take it in tomorrow and see what they can make if it.
Anyone seen these codes before? 20140921_195004.jpg 20140921_194849.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the 1st code: 84-19 is "Vehicle Speed Signal:Received Vehicle Has Error"
The 2nd code: 520262:4 is "ABS Source Voltage:Drop"
It's going in for warranty but I'll try to get as much info from the technician when it's fixed. Hopefully help someone else in the future.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I have tried to start mine twice when it was 50 degrees or less and got the same slow turn over, and than after start up the low ABS voltage code. Need 10w 40 full synthetic instead of 20w 40 semi?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
How did you get hold of the PDF with the listing of the error codes? Did it cost money? How much?

·
Registered
393 Posts
So the 1st code: 84-19 is "Vehicle Speed Signal:Received Vehicle Has Error"
The 2nd code: 520262:4 is "ABS Source Voltage:Drop"
It's going in for warranty but I'll try to get as much info from the technician when it's fixed. Hopefully help someone else in the future.
Ever find out what the problem was?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It took the technician awhile but it is what I thought it was gonna a be...The starter needs to be replaced but Polaris (Indian) has no starters. So it's on back order. It was officially ordered today 6-October-2014. So I'll keep you posted as to how long it takes to get that part in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just did the oil change at 800 km's. Now have 9 50 km's on it. Was riding toady and it was fine. Wanted to go out after dinner for an evening ride and the bike would not start. 1st attempt it was slow. Almost like a weak battery. (Has over 12 volts). 2nd attempt it didn't kick over at all. Almost smelled an electrical burning smell. So that was the end of that.
Toggled the switches and got these 2 codes on it:
I'll take it in tomorrow and see what they can make if it.
Anyone seen these codes before? View attachment 2237 View attachment 2238

I had some trouble today however I did not toggle through? What did you do to find that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts