Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Since Indian / Polaris is slowly revealing their upcoming 'new' models, I though it would be nice to have a thread on possible sighting in media/print/person.

Did anyone notice the new Indian Print ad? I'm wondering if it's an actual 2014 prototype, or a current model? Can anyone glean anything out of this teaser?

<a href='http://i45.tinypic.com/v3j97q.png' target='_blank'>
</a>

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
14159 said:
The new engine is supposed to be on display starting 09March at Daytona
It doesn't sound like they'll be showing the bike in Daytona-- just the engine.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
10044 said:
It doesn't sound like they'll be showing the bike in Daytona-- just the engine.
The rumor that I heard is the new engine at Daytona and the new bike at Sturgis

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
The Indian dealer in Daytona told me that they are shipping the new bikes to the dealers prior to Sturgis. The new bike will be unveiled at Sturgis and simultaneously at the dealers.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
The more I compare the Black Sheep / Wolf ad (which I quite like)-- the more the Indian looks like a current model-- the headlight, mirror, etc... I think the new Indian will probably change the styling more than what the ad shows.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
7858 said:
The Indian dealer in Daytona told me that they are shipping the new bikes to the dealers prior to Sturgis. The new bike will be unveiled at Sturgis and simultaneously at the dealers.
I heard they have big numbers in mind for dealers and are getting Penske in on the act to help in some way. It will be interesting to see if they are more successful with Indian that they have been with Victory in terms of a strong nation-wide (or even world wide) dealer network.

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
<p class='western' style='margin-bottom: 0cm;'>I spotted this in an English newspaper some time ago.

<p class='western' style='margin-bottom: 0cm;'>It also looks as if Michael Song is the Indian designer, so if it turns out like an &ldquo;Indian-Kingpin&rdquo; (even with a cast frame, like the one in the picture), then I don't think too many people will be surprised.
<p class='western' style='margin-bottom: 0cm;'>Perhaps we should call it an 'Indi-Pin' if it does come out something like this.

Also..........
It looks like all the Italian Victory dealers are also now marked up and advertising themselves as Indian dealers.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
<p class='western' style='margin-bottom: 0cm;'>
3332 said:
It looks like all the Italian Victory dealers are also now marked up and advertising themselves as Indian dealers.
I heard they had to have a seperate dealership/building in the US....are the combining the two brands in one showroom in Italy?

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
3332 said:
<p class='western' style='margin-bottom: 0cm;'>I spotted this in an English newspaper some time ago.

<p class='western' style='margin-bottom: 0cm;'>It also looks as if Michael Song is the Indian designer, so if it turns out like an &ldquo;Indian-Kingpin&rdquo; (even with a cast frame, like the one in the picture), then I don't think too many people will be surprised.
<p class='western' style='margin-bottom: 0cm;'>Perhaps we should call it an 'Indi-Pin' if it does come out something like this.

Also..........
I would be seriously disappointed if they bring out an Indian looking like this.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
14159 said:
I heard they had two have a seperate dealership/building in the US....are the combining the two brands in one showroom in Italy?
I don't know the answer on that one.

I only discoverer this as I'm travelling with my motorcycle to Italy this year and so I thought I'd check out the Victory distributors.
Every one of them also now appears to be an Indian dealer too.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I think the photo is Polaris, but right after the bought Indian. They drew up several pictures to float out there and see what kind of response they got. The pictures depicted bikes of varying degrees of seperation from a traditional Cheif model.
On a different note I wonder if Mike Wolfe pleasures himself to that ad. Take that back, I really don't want to know.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
3332 said:

Also..........
Oh HELL NO!!! Fugly as homemede sin!

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
3332 said:

Also..........
Say it isn't so. This Indian would make the Honda F6B look great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts