Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 Vintage, Been checking insurance, man it's all over the parking lot! I know everyone's background and life profiles are different, but here is what I found.

Geico $751 a year.

Dairyland $395.00 a Year.

Allstate $1,200 a year.

Markel (Bike-Line) $607 a Year

State Farm $ 1150 a year

I'm still trying to figure out why Dairyland is so much cheaper, It raises suspicion. Anyone had experience with Dairyland, Good, Bad?

The interesting thing about these quotes is that they were all done on line, with me providing the same information and selecting the same deductibles and coverage's. I don't mind paying a little more than say average as long as the insurance company has a good reputation for customer service and handling claims.

·
Rider
1,104 Posts
I've had GEICO with my BMW's since the early 80's. For my 2005 R1200RT and 2001 R1200C BMW's I'm paying $360 for full coverage. For my Chieftain I'm paying $755 for full coverage. I'm thinking that the newness of the Indian brand makes it hard for a insurance actuarial to come up with costs. Plus the bike is more expensive out the door. Luckily for me I've not had to make a claim on my insurance so I cannot vouch for how they treated me over a claim. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Try Progressive Insurance, I've been using them for years on my motorcycles. They always seem to be the best price for me. I think they quote on line if you don't feel like calling. I always call, like talking to Flo

·
Registered
65 Posts
It depends a lot on where you live. People in big cities pay more. Progressive charges me $550 per year in Milwaukee. They'll give you discount if you pay the whole year up front. I worked in a auto body shop 25 years ago. Cars would sit around for weeks. Waiting for insurance company to settle claims. American Family was the fastest to settle claims. Like anything else you get what you pay for.

·
Early joiner
237 Posts
Progressive for me went from $450 full coverage on a 06 Road King Custom to $1191. on new Chieftain...Now have GEICO at $560. Feeling pretty good about it, but has been said it is all over the place.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I settled for $658.00 thru Allstate. I was getting a little tired of filling crap out on the web. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive either. Got to start somewhere.
With today being Friday the 13th, no way I'm going to buy a new Indian, it would just be in my head messen with me! LOL! SOOOOooo, tomorrow, I go to the dealership here in Myrtle Beach, called CoastalVictory/Indian to get my brand new 2014 Indian Chief Vintage! Whooo -Hooo! I'm on the warpath now! LOL!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been with progessive for 8 years on my kingpin at $32.00 Month=384 year....they quoted me $134.00 month=$1608.00 year
Allstate Quoted me $411.00 year....Bye Bye Progessive

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had formost with Harley and chopper was very happy with them but they were nuts with the indian, so went with progressive, 621 for both bikes chieftion and o4 texas chopper, both full coverage and indian with replacement cost to boot very reasonable,

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've been with Liberty Mutual for years now, and they always do me right. I've got home, life and all my vehicles together with them so I get some pretty nice discounts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Don't no about you folks .... but I have all my insurance needs w/ 1 company. Allstate. With multiple cars/home/motorcyle. All that leads to a healthy discount! So check out your present insurance person. Might have a little discount for you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Been with Progressive for the past 6 years. For full coverage on my 06 Ultra I pay $166 annually, with $500 deductible. On the Chieftain it is $322 for same coverage. Also have an old Shovel with an agreed value coverage of $8K that runs me $53 a year. Hagerty wanted almost $200. Pays to shop around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When you are shopping for insurance you need to be sure you are comparing accurately...especially with insurance. Policy wordings vary, and like many other contracts, it is the seemingly unimportant wording that may make a difference. "Full Coverage" with one carrier may well be different than with another. Before you buy insurance ask for a copy of their policy wording and read the whole thing.

Insurance Adjuster since 1978

1 - 14 of 14 Posts