Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone modified their exhaust yet? If so, how and how does is sound and perform?

I know stock they sound better than a stock cross bike but hoping for more still.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Check with BadX on the IMROA site under general tab. Picture in Oh..NOOooo. He has fabricated an exhaust for his Chieftain.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx, but I am wondering if anyone had modified the Indian exhast, not replace it. Like those who have removed or modified the baffles from cross bike exhausts.

Link to BadX refferred to above.
http://www.imroa.com/showthread.php?t=396

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This looks pretty promising...

http://www.chiefmotorcycleforum.com/technical-discussion/making-my-stock-mufflers-louder/15/

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was informed by a indian mech that you can shorten the baffels (saw them off ) and increase the flow and volume . I asked how short can you go and was told as short (meaning as loud ) as you want to .Going to start playing with my stage 1's as soon as it warms up .

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also knocked the plugs from the front of baffles, much better now ! I expect them to sound even better as the miles build up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Follow up on the plug removal. After 700 miles post-modification, I've noticed a chirping sound in my mufflers that I don't care for. This mod is not going to do it for me. I will be checking out the exhaust options while in Sturgis, and hopefully come home with something different. I did get to check out the Indian Stage 1 with six-shooter tips in-person finally, and really liked it.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
The dealer near me had a bike with the stage one on it, it did sound a little louder but I wasn't that impressed for $700-$800. I'm sure the aftermarket guys will be gearing up soon. Had Vance & Hines on one of my HD's, Hope their working on something.

·
Early joiner
235 Posts
The dealer near me had a bike with the stage one on it, it did sound a little louder but I wasn't that impressed for $700-$800. I'm sure the aftermarket guys will be gearing up soon. Had Vance & Hines on one of my HD's, Hope their working on something.
..check out indian.vanceandhines.com...received email from them saying they would be out sometime in July.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Thanks for the info, looks like V & H has some Chrome pipes with turn downs coming out. I'm Looking for black pipes or black slip-ons. Going to be black powder coating some parts on the Vintage real soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Dirty Bird peace pipe is pretty cool, and sounds like mega-blast on the video. I'm looking to stick with the dual pipes under the bags routing, so hoping one of the vendors come out with a set of slip-ons that appeal to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
image.jpg With a few homemade brackets you can use about anything you like. Mine has HD touring mufflers and Softtail tips

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those pipe look nice, are they louder then the stage one?? im looking for a much deeper and louder sound, any suggestions would be appreciated. I knocked out the baffles on mine and it made it alittle louder, not enough for my liking.

steve

·
Registered
58 Posts
I also knocked out the baffles, took about 20 minutes and it does sound better, I like it alittle louder so im waiting to see what comes out. I know the samson are out, i paid for them and then they tell me 6-8 weeks, got my money back. The basanni are also out and vance and hines coming soon. Does anyone know what are louder pipes, stage1 or stock pipes with baffles knocked out?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts