Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get a louder and deeper sound from my Chief. The pipes that are on it now are original. I would like suggestions and recommendations that would get the sound I want without having to take out a second mortgage. THANKS

·
Registered
335 Posts
Maybe try gutting the stockers? I have the stock pipes with fishtails and I think it sounds pretty good. Not too loud, but throaty.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
975 Posts
Freedom Performance 2.5" true duals with fishtails. I've been told my bike is the best sounding Indian many have ever heard. It does away with the cat as well.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just removed the stock mufflers on my '14 and knocked out the plugs and reinstalled the mufflers. I'm really happy with the results. It sounds fuller with a bit more bark but it's still reasonably muffled. Bike feels snappier and sounds great.
Best free mod ever. Well, not totally free. I didn't have a piece of stock long enough to reach the plug so I bought a 3 foot length of re-bar at the hardware store for $7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts