Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve always liked Indian motorcycles. However, I have never owned one. I am looking at buying an Indian Chief Classic. It is a 2014 with 20,000 miles on it. I know majority of bikes will last upwards of 50,000 miles or more if taken care of. For those who have been riding Indians for a while, would you hesitate to buy one that has 20,000 miles on it?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Nope. I just saw someone post about hitting 85,000 on their Indian tourer.

·
Founding member
478 Posts
My 2014 Vintage is the same color as that bike. It currently has about 56,000 miles on it. Still running strong.

·
Rider
662 Posts
I have a Chief DH, 2016 with 35K and it runs as strong as day 1. Well...after many upgrades but they’ve only made it better and stronger. Many more miles to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member
1,165 Posts
That bike is beautiful and 20k is barely broken in! I did just post about rolling over 85k on my 14' Chieftain the other day and that is 85k miles all Smiles! There are many out there with more miles than my girl, so I think you can feel confident the 111 motor is strong.

@Skin7 not to be picky, but your buddy must have had a 2015 RoadMaster because they didn't come out until then.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Buy it you will not regret it

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate all the feedback. Makes me more confident. I will be taking a look at it on Friday!

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Good looking bike. What is the asking price? Sorry, just nosey ;)

·
Super Moderator
4,909 Posts
I have a 2014 Chief, no regrets and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another if I had to.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
973 Posts
The 2014 Indian Classic is definitely a classic. I was an early adapter and purchased mine early November of 2013, 6 1/2 years now. Over 40,000 miles, only mishap was I had to replace a new fuel pump last summer, no warranty. These bikes are bullet proof. Take the plunge and join us.

Reactions: PE4CE

·
Bronze Member
1,701 Posts
The bike will last for many miles more, there is one guy on here that has over 230,000 miles on his '14.
Larry S had over 303,000 on his 2014 back in April.

I think that is who he's referring too.

·
Bronze member
1,965 Posts
Good price?
Check NADA and KBB for approximate values to get a ballpark figure. Are there any maintenance records for this bike? That will tell you a lot. Personally I would be hesitant to buy without them. JMHO

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Check NADA and KBB for approximate values to get a ballpark figure. Are there any maintenance records for this bike? That will tell you a lot.
I don’t know about the maintenance records. Dealers here are not allowing walk ins. I have an appointment on Friday where I will ask that question.

·
Bronze member
1,965 Posts
I don’t know about the maintenance records. Dealers here are not allowing walk ins. I have an appointment on Friday where I will ask that question.
If the dealer can't produce any I would be hesitant to buy. No way of telling how well the bike has been maintained. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts