Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, you bought one, and by now you've put a few miles on it, so how do you rate it?

Give it a simple rating out of 10, where 10 = best bike I've ever owned and 1 = the worlds greatest two-wheeled lemon.

And remember, this is OWNER SATISFACTION, which represents how you feel about overall ownership, including all the issues such as price, dealer response, ride quality, mechanical performance, asthetics, and sheer unadulterated ENJOYMENT.

·
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll give my Vintage a 10!

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Solid 10
The best bike I have ever owned.
Indian Red Vintage with 7,000 miles.

·
Founding member
954 Posts
Black Chief Classic/6000 miles
Con:
Chrome weak in a few spots. Valve train noise. Few dealers,
Pro:
Unique, Torque, No vibration smooth, Supersized, Best looking, Handling.
Giving it a 9 because theres always room for improvement.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Black Chief Classic/18,000 miles
I'll definitely give it a 10+

Also, it's the best mileage I've ever gotten out of a set of tires. Replaced the front this past Saturday and looks like I'm going to get several (5?) thousand more out of the rear. It's a good thing too, those Dunlop Elites, from the dealer are pretty expensive: $284.00 (tax include.) for the front, plus $80 for a tube. The rear is going to cost $336.00, I didn't even price the tube, but am figuring at least $100. Oh well, I guess i'll just have to bite the bullet, cause I damn sure got to ride...:)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Overall having owned bikes from different manufacturers throughout the decades I would have to rate my Vintage at a 9+. Like fast eddie said there is always room for improvement. My Indian is closer to a 10 than any of my previous bikes. Keep up the good work Polaris!!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Love my Chieftain and it is probably the best bike I have ever owned....but nothing is perfect so she only gets a 9.

Semper Fi,
DrZ

Reactions: SgtAl

·
Registered
420 Posts
I will give my Vintage a 9.5, it is a great bike.
There are 2 small things that somewhat bother me.
The front tire which has easy access also has a 90 degree offset on the valve stem, easy to check tire pressure. However the rear with very tight access has a vertical
stem, a 90 offset would make this much easier. The other thing is the dipstick, this does get hot and having to check the level when engine is hot and then supplying a spanner tool to remove the dipstick to check oil. These bikes have great engineering, but these 2 things could have been designed better.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,837 Posts
My Chieftain gets
Looks 10
Power 10
Dependability 10
Comfort/Ergonomics 7 (Seat really wasn't good at all for me)
Ease of Control 10
Value 10
Maintenance Ask me in year

That's an overall 9.5

·
Founding Member
434 Posts
Aside from the leather fading over all I'd rate my Indian a solid 9.

·
Registered
731 Posts
2014 Red Vintage, 5000 miles. Rate: 9.0 Best bike I have owned and very happy with it. A 10 is near impossible to reach. Like the speed of light, the closer you get the more difficult it is to reach the limit. Only real disappointment is the fading leather dye issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Vintage (Red & Ivory Combination) and I have less than 100 miles on it.
I am not sure how to grade it at the moment.
I traded my Victory Vision in on this bike and I am not sure that I have not made a mistake.
There are things I like about the Indian (111CI, Anti-Lock Brakes, Keyless Remote) but I do not understand how they would make a bike that you cannot lock the saddlebags either shut (So no one can get in them, OR on the bike so no one can steal them!) I do not feel like hauling these bags into a motel room when we travel but I do not want to head out in the morning to find the bags, backrest and windshield missing. Not crazy about the seat on the Indian at this point either. (I think I wish I had my Vision back but of course, it was sold in less than a week!) Kind of bummed out to be honest with everyone!

·
Registered
962 Posts
I give my Chieftain a 9+, I just completed a 600+ mile weekend and it performed flawlessly.

·
2,055 Posts
I have a 2015 Vintage (Red & Ivory Combination) and I have less than 100 miles on it.
I am not sure how to grade it at the moment.
I traded my Victory Vision in on this bike and I am not sure that I have not made a mistake.
There are things I like about the Indian (111CI, Anti-Lock Brakes, Keyless Remote) but I do not understand how they would make a bike that you cannot lock the saddlebags either shut (So no one can get in them, OR on the bike so no one can steal them!) I do not feel like hauling these bags into a motel room when we travel but I do not want to head out in the morning to find the bags, backrest and windshield missing. Not crazy about the seat on the Indian at this point either. (I think I wish I had my Vision back but of course, it was sold in less than a week!) Kind of bummed out to be honest with everyone!
Well, I'm not surprised your're regretting the loss of the Vision despite it's George Jetson styling, in my experience, Victorys are great bikes. But, hey, you really should have bought a Chieftain if you wanted locking bags, fob-triggered no less.

I'm coming up on 16,000 miles on Chieftain #873 and I can say, with no hesitation, its been the best new bike I've ever owned. That said, I'd rate it a 9.5 because there have been a few small problems; but, hey, nothing's perfect, right?

--- Randall

·
Registered
99 Posts
9.5 Just completed 1600 km trip this weekend. Have 17,000 kms this summer and still have a big smile on my face. THE throttle by wire is second nature now as I don't pay any attention to that anymore. I have gotten used to the power and the sound seems to be getting better. Riding 2 up is awesome with the 5" of suspension. Besides all that, in my eyes it is just the best looking bike out there. I need to put an extra accessory plug in front over the winter and plan to install a trailer hitch for next year.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts