Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On almost a daily basis my bike will loose power but continue to run, the check engine light comes on also. I can pull over and restart the bike and it runs fine. Every once in a while it will happen several times a day or it may skip a day. I took it to the local dealer and they said the throttle by wire had a dead spot and that was the cause, $800 later and it's still doing the same thing so I've lost faith at the dealer.

The bike has 92k and is out of warranty, spotless service record and recalls attended to, gas, plugs, etc all good, no aftermarket or Dealer installed items, it's all stock. It has to be a short, ground, ecm, etc. looking for ideas on where to start.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,274 Posts
If you are getting an engine light then there will be codes associated with the problem. Do you know what codes the ECM was putting out? Dean

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No codes are present.

I was wondering if anyone had a link to the electrical diagrams from the service manual?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had similar issues, tightened the terminals without effect, replaced the battery (was only 3+ yrs old) and all was well again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts